Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Continental Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Al Briggs
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Continental Tires

Has anyone ran Yokohama YK520 tires?
I have the usual complaint about the Continental tires...almost 20,000 miles and they need replacing (a few thousand miles ago, really).
I haven't read anything good about the Pirelli (4 season) tires--and there is no mileage guarantee on the Pirelli tires.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:50 PM
davwall

I purchased 2006 R/T with 47k (kilometers) in Canada here and the Conti's where done like dinner. I purchased the Goodyear Assurance and ride is 100% better and very quiet...excellent dry traction and not bad in rain. Unsure of winter as yet...no snow. But treadwear ishigh at130km. But is heavy car as mentioned and just found out i have to get both tie rods replaced (under warranty of course). overall enjoyable car. Hopefully they will last awhile.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:47 PM
sask_cruiser
Rookie

i have an 06 magnum r/t with the 225 60 18 continental tires. i have 15,000 kms(9300 miles) on the tires. i rarely spun my tires. once in awhile they'd chirp off the line. the tires that were on the back are almost worn right down and the ones on the front arn't very far behind. i had talked to dodge about it and they told me to talk to a dealer for continental. i talked to a tire shop and they phoned continental and they will sell me 4 brand new tires at 25% because of the treadwear. i only have about 25% tread left i believe is what the tire shop told me. so instead of paying $1200 for 4 i'm paying $400 for 4. the new tires are different tho. they are general altimax hp tires. the tire shop said they should last longer. i'm getting them next week so hopfully they are a better tire. i was supprised that they actually helped me out this much.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:14 PM
erinshemiRT

We have an 05 Magnum RT - our Continentals lasted exactly 2.5 years and 31,000 miles. Replaced with Goodyear Assurance tires -also lasted 2.5 years ad 31,000 miles. Not much luck on tires for this vehicle...it stinks replacing tires every 2.5 years!

Quick Reply: Continental Tires