Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Continental Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 11:22 AM
endoh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Continental Tires

I have a set of Goodyear Assurance (2006 OEM take offs) for sale in the classifieds. They were far better than the Contis I drove on the demo. No hydroplaning, no noise.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:58 PM
hegerskk

I'm actually going through the same issues right now. Continental gave me a slap in the face and suggested I'd pay $100.78 plus installation on the replacement tires at 20 000 miles of the warranted 60 000. I told them I'd pay no more than 1/3rd and definitely no installation and that if I was t pay anything at all I would also require warranty on the new tires. We'll see how that goes.

Has anyone contacted the BBB?

I do not agree that Dodge or the dealer is not obligated to do anything in this case. It's kind of like the guy with a camcorder filming a guy getting a beating. Never mind satisfying your customer how about just protecting them and taking action. I found out that they had decided it was officially an issue, not by Dodge giving me a call but rather during a scheduled maintenance. Where of course they promptly recommended that I replace them right away and they would happily charge me $170 per tire to do so.

How about fighting this battle for us, consumers didn’t pick this tire for their cars and certainly did not have an influence in how well this combination was tested.

I love the Magnum, but I am very disappointed in both Dodge and Continental in how this was handled. They could at least have informed me at purchase so I could have made a better decision or at least be ready to replace the tires at 20 000 miles.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:12 AM
MikeyB
Professional

Crapinentals is junk, pure and simple. Mine has made it 18k miles and just about down to the wear bars. With so many great tires out there why anyone would want to replace with another set of crap tires.
I have a set of Hankook Ventus ST in 255/55/18 on the way.

MikeyB

Old 08-16-2006, 02:31 PM
god_complx
Professional

the only thing I can see as a benefit is that when they finally go, and you are looking into new rims, buy winter tires for the stock 18s, and some good performance for the new wheels! 18000 will get me just in time for winter!

Old 08-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Cal Jeff

I don't know what to say. I was waiting until I had to replace the factory tire before I got new tires and rims. I got 44,000 miles on the original tires. I run the tire pressure around 40psi but I do almost nothing but freeway driving.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:24 PM
god_complx
Professional

you could be a lucky one, r u sure you have the contis lol. At least someone lucked out. Although, mine r still in good shape at 10000, if only I could stop squeeling the tires everytime I leave a stop lol!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 12:19 AM
blue05

[:@] I don' think it is the tires, I think it is the car. I have been trying to get help with my problem but have no help from the dealer or "customer service" If anyone knows how I can contact a regional or corporate dodge rep please write back. Thanks

Old 10-21-2006, 09:37 PM
anauditor

The conti's are a fast wearing tire. Had them on my x-type Jag and they wore out at about 28k. Replaced them with same since the car is a lease. The conti's on the Magnum just got replaced - at the wear bars by 22k- with Goodyear Assurance. While not sold as a performance tire, the 80k warranty got me interested. No change other than smoother riding. After 4k miles, would definitely do again.

Best,

Old 03-25-2007, 07:46 PM
John S.

Another fine mess . . . with these Continentals[:'(]
Mine have about 12,000 miles and the wear bars are very visible.[:-]
Pathetic quality.
Here's the good part; my wife ran over a nail and
the "Contiseals" don't seal too well either. Watched it for two weeks
as it continued to slow leak.
Finally had to plug the tire; just the the 1970's . . .

Old 04-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Jellobrand

I faced this problem with these on my 2003 Intrepid. They never seemed balanced or run right - So, when I got my 2006 RT/AWD, and saw these same tires, AGAIN... I said , sorry - and just switched to 255/55/18 V tire. I've only had the Mag four weeks and just in two days feels like a different ride.... Nice.

Quick Reply: Continental Tires