Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Warranty / Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 07:50 PM
HemiMag
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty / Exhaust

Does anyone know if a change to the exhaust will void the Magnum warranty?

Old 07-18-2004, 08:56 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional
Default RE: Warranty / Exhaust

As long as you go from the cat back, you will have no problem. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) prohibits companies from voiding the warranty of a car simply because aftermarket parts were installed unless they can prove that the installed part(s) caused the malfunction.

“No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumers using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name...” (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).

Nick

Old 07-18-2004, 09:00 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

That is some great info....thanks! It will be nice to add some additional sound to the exterior of my R/T.

Old 07-18-2004, 09:10 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

Trust me, if you uncork your exhaust you will love the sound it makes. See my original post on how I did it for about $350 elsewhere in this forum. Good luck.

Nick

Old 07-19-2004, 01:56 AM
4DRHTRD

I will want the best of both worlds. I will end up keeping stock exhaust but also doing a set of electric cutouts after the catalytic converters. I'll have my friend fab me up a system to dump that either in front or back of the wheels with flat exhuast tips.

So for normal driving/wife kids in the car. Stock
For a little fun - open the electric cutouts for a 0 exhaust setup.
You can also partially open them for a little rumble...

Mike

Old 07-19-2004, 12:00 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

Very cool setup indeed!

Old 07-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Tedman5
Rookie

Just got back from the exhaust shop. I ended up removing the suitcase that comes stock and replaced it with 2 40 series stainless Flowmasters and left the resonators on. It sounds perrrfect. It has hardly any drone but wakes up a lot under load. I think it would be too loud for me without the resonators. It sounds like the commercial now. Total investment, $250.00.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6095/F312E69A464043188407484BFA0124CE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-21-2004, 03:52 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

That's great. I'm sure the picture will help some visualize what they have to work with when doing an exhaust swap. The best thing about the mod that you did is that if you decide later to make it louder, you can just remove the finals. I wanted an ignorant exhaust note and that is what I got! This set-up offers a better "middle of the road" option for those who are seeking a bit more of that Hemi sound without setting off car alarms in the process (and at $250 it is around $100 cheaper than the route I went - a nice bonus). I honestly believe that this type of swap will be a better option even when the cat-back kits start hitting the market. As long as you use quality components as replacements, you will have the same performance gains and save yourself several hundred dollars over the price of a kit (an even nicer bonus). Thanks again for your post. It may be the first time many readers have seen what the set-up looks like.

Nick

Old 07-22-2004, 01:09 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

First, I want to thank everyone for all their input....it is very helpful.....I am looking forward to hearing more input and ideas regarding the exhaust swaps.

As of yesterday, I became the owner of an Inferno Red Magnum R/T. Yes, I had one on order, but for some reason, I was unable to wait. The dealership I placed the order with didn't help matters, but that is another story in itself. The fully loaded Magnum, minus the roof rack, is awesome. Well worth the two hour drive (one way) to get the car.

An interesting note....when I was on my way south, headed home after leaving a deposit to hold the car, I passed my future car, headed north to the dealership, on the car hauler.

Now....I get to decide how far to raise the dB's at the tail of the car. [8D]

Rex

Old 07-22-2004, 02:28 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you will be happy with it. As far as the exhaust goes, I would go with Tedman5's setup at least to start with if I were you. Have your local muffler shop remove the suitcase muffler and replace it with your choice of performance mufflers and then start it for you while it is still on the rack. If you want it louder, have them hack those resonators off. If not you are all set. Just my $.02...

One way or the other, you will love the "real" sound of the Hemi.

Nick

Quick Reply: Warranty / Exhaust