Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Any and ALL complaints about your magnum

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 02:26 AM
blackmagnumrt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any and ALL complaints about your magnum

The part# is 1-03445223 (at least that was what was on the outside of the bag). Happy hunting!

Nick

Old 07-21-2004, 12:00 PM
69RoadRunner
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: blackmagnumrt

The part# is 1-03445223 (at least that was what was on the outside of the bag). Happy hunting!

Nick

You can get it cheaper from Jack's Auto Parts.

http://www.jacksautoparts.com/catalog/emE.html

Old 07-21-2004, 12:17 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

Thanks RoadRunner. That is a much better price. Potential buyers should opt for the item marked "em19 - 70-71 Challenger Fender/Decklid $29.95." The other version is for the grille and has studs on the back. Thanks again for the resource.

Nick

Old 07-21-2004, 01:00 PM
69RoadRunner
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem. I've sent lots of money to Jack's to support my Road Runner habit. H pipe, lock cylinders, emblems, body bumper kit etc. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Old 07-21-2004, 01:01 PM
dcguy2

Hey Redhouse, what is this undercoating you're talking about? My dealer did not offer it to me. Is this something standard every dealer should know about? I would like it just to help reduce the road noise. My SXT is not nearly a quiet as some people say theirs is. My tires make a lot of noise.

Old 07-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Redhouse
Rookie

The undercoating is from DuPont Zonyl R-2000. My dealer offers it to every new car they sell. I have always went with it with every new car I buy. In 15 years, I have never had a car rust yet. They offer undercoating, fabric protector and paint sealant, as a package for $600. I skip the paint stuff and go with the fabric and undercoating. The fabric stuff works great, you can spill something on the seats and it just sits there and wipes right off. This service comes with a lifetime insured warranty. For paint I go with Meguire's Gold Class products. Your dealer should have offered it, since they forgot see if you can work a deal. Redhouse

Old 07-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Angry Pickle
Professional

ok. My complaint on this magnum isn't on the magnum. It's on my damn dealer.
I dropped the car off monday at 1 pm to get the window tinted. I also asked if they could look at my radio problem at that time.
Salesman calls me back at 2 and says 'the windows are done you can come pick it up'. I ask him about the radio. He says if I want he can take it back there now or schedule to drop it off later. Since I'm at work I ask him to go ahead and take it back to service.
At 5 o'clock he calls me back and says 'they haven't had a chance to look at it yet, what you can do is either come get it, and schedule an appointment next week, or if you leave it here, I'll make sure they look at it first thing in the morning.' I decide to leave it there and bum a ride to work the next day..

Well All the next day goes by and I don't hear anything. I call at 5 pm and ask about it. The service manager tells me that they haven't even had a chance to look at it yet. So I talk with the saleman and ask him what's up, 'oh they're swamped and haven't had a chance to look at it, but if you leave it here tonight I'll make sure they look at it first thing in the morning...' I tell him that I have a job, and if he wants me to be able to pay for this car, I need a loaner or I need my car back. He says repeatedly they don't have a loaner to give me, but the dealer manager walks by at this time, and tells the salesman point blank, pull a car off the lot for him. Wadda they give me? a bare bones caravan... So, now I have transportation and agree to leave the car again....

Next day goes by.. I call at 3:30 and try to talk to salesman, he says 'oh I was just about to walk back there and check, could I call you back in a couple minutes?'. Ok...
1 hour and 45 minutes later, no word. I call back 'Oh I was just about to walk back there and check again, let me call you right back...'........
30 minutes later I get a call from the service director appologizing that it's taking so long, but he would like to keep the car another day........................
what choice do I have? so they're keeping it tonight now too.

Since I've signed the paper, the dealer has had the car longer than I have. And the issues I had weren't even that friggin big! Left front speaker sounded blown, pulled slightly to the right, and the ac wasn't very cold.. He said the ac is fixed, they're waiting on a part for the stereo, and he's ordered some new bolt to fix the pulling issue. But the bolt is on 'extreme backorder'...

If I don't get my car tomorrow, time to talk to the dealer manager again...

The salesman can kiss any referals I was gonna give him goodbye. I have a friend at work that is ready to buy and was going to go see him. Not now.

Oh, and they're parts department sucks. I wanted to order the bra for the front. Parts guy was just 'oh we don't have that catalog yet so I can't order it. I gave him the dodge part #, and he's still, that's great, but I can't order it without the catalog....' uh huh....

I'm trying to stay cool, but I'm seriously running out of patience.... and this caravan sucks

Old 07-22-2004, 09:59 AM
dansk

Poor Jack, I think he's going to have a hard time keeping R/T emblems in stock, and blackmagnumrt should remember that imitation is the sincerest form of praise. I knew I had to have that emblem from the second I saw his photo. Maybe I'll change my login to copycat.

Old 07-22-2004, 02:21 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

I would be honored to think that I originated a trend here. Honestly it was one of the first things that I did. What was Dodge thinking putting "RT" instead of "R/T" on it anyway? I had originally considered using the “R/T” badge from the doors of the newest Stratus R/T but ultimately decided that the red enamel on the one from the Challenger really made it stand out.

Now messing with someone's login is a completely different story...

Nick

Old 07-22-2004, 04:07 PM
shiltz
Captain

oh, thought of one other complaint I do have on the magnum, that stupid piece of garbage coin holder they put in it sucks big time, most of the time when you try to put any change in it it just falls out into the center console and you need to fish it out and try again, they really need to replace that stupid one they have in there with the standard spring loaded ones like most cars have.

Quick Reply: Any and ALL complaints about your magnum