Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Any and ALL complaints about your magnum

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 04:25 AM
sikpuppy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any and ALL complaints about your magnum

I'll second that opinion! Not only does it suck that the coins fall right out most of the time, but the placement of the power outlet directly below the nickle slot is VERY bad. My plug had gotten pulled out without me knowing it, I put some nickels in the unusable coin holder, and one of the nickels fell directly in the power outlet, perfect fit!! Not only that, but the way the power outlet is made, at the bottom it has a space to that is also the perfect width for a nickel to get in to making it impossible to get the damn nickle out without completely removing the console, just to get the coin out that shouldn't have fallen in the thing in the first place. Oh well, design engineers aren't perfect. Telling my age but remember a particular Chevy that came out in the 70's that they had to unbolt the motormounts and jack u pthe engine, just to change the sparkplugs?? Other than the coin holder, front end alignment crap that it seems nearly everyone that bought one in the first four weeks of production has experienced, I have not found anything else to bitch about. Great car!

Old 07-23-2004, 04:32 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

Hey Redhouse!! What kind of amps, speakers, and power ratings? Have you ever been in any audio competitions with any or your rides and do you think you might with the Magnum??

I have just the basic system, you know, AM/FM w/ cd. For some reason though, there were Boston Acoustics in the door panels and the standard Chrysler speakers in the rear. I just added a new 8" powered Bazooka sub and it kicks pretty good now. If anyone just wants to enhance their sound inexpensively (mine was $225.00 installed), I highly recommend this route. Takes up little space and can be installed by any half way competent audio shop in about 30 - 45 minutes, no problem.

Old 07-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Jax

The RT just needs more road and less traffic. I am having to plan much further down the road than I am used to doing. Not that I mind

Old 07-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Redhouse
Rookie

For speakers I went with the new Rockford Fosgate's fronts are the FRC4306 6.5 and the backs are the T1693C 6X9'S 3ways. There 110/200 watts RMS/Peak. Silver colored and it shows through the factory's grill's looks cool. I left the factory 6 cd mp3 player in for now, till some one comes out with a good aftermarket 6 disc in dash. For the amp it's four channel Rockford punch P8004 100wx4. Now I have an Infinity basslink powered sub. I will change that out as soon as someone makes a set of enclosers to fill in the cargo compartments in the rear 2 sides. Q logic might by the end of the year. Then I'll put in some 8inch subs with a mono block amp. No video plans yet since it just me in the car all the time. Redhouse

Old 07-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Redhouse
Rookie

I have been in audio competitions for cars I owned and cars I have worked on. In the Southside of Chicago done the Lowrider Carshows. I just had the Magnum in a car show this past weekend. We had a local Hotrod car show with Venetian fest. So I parked the magnum next to my buddys charger and people went nuts over the magnum all night.

Old 07-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

Boston Acoustics System is only 2 speakers? The back are stock factopry speakers? What would you guys recomend to replace those in the back with a little more punch and clarity without getting an AMP and all that?

Old 07-23-2004, 04:37 PM
sikpuppy
Professional

NOte: I didnt' get the high end system, just the basic but for some reason there were BA speakers in the doors but should have just been the stock MOPAR speakers. Guess they ran out on the line when they were building mine or just threw them in for the heck of it. I know from personal experience that the guys on the assembly lines do that from time to time, especially when they start getting MOPAR built performance parts. When my brother was working for the Plymouth division in the '60s, he had a lot of freinds working on the line with him. He ordered a 1968 Roadrunner and when they started building his, he got them to put everything but the kitchen sink in it. What a burner it was too! Especeally after he took it to Ramchargers and had the rest of the build done. Anyway, I just got lucky with the BA speakers I guess, the upgraded system that includes the BA speakers comes with BAs in the door, 3-1/2" in the dash, and 6x9s in the rear deck, NO SUBS!!

Old 07-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

Hey what's with the painted out rear window on your picture?

Old 07-25-2004, 05:43 AM
NorCal

I think the front cup holders should be removable for cleaning. Every now and then (actually all the time) I jump on it and spill when all the drink sloshes out the back

Old 07-25-2004, 08:58 PM
sikpuppy
Professional

Not painted out, replaced with sheet metal. Saw some Photoshop creations, liked it and did it for real. Getting ready for a new custom stereo install and teh extra solid surface is going to come in handy as well.

Quick Reply: Any and ALL complaints about your magnum