Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

help with sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:39 PM
rtneon67
Professional
Default RE: help with sponsorship

what all should be in your car profile when u send it out

Old 04-08-2007 | 06:45 PM
AirWolf

All your mods exterior ,interior , engine wise and what you want to do to it next and what you want to be sponosred for and what you have done in any car shows and alot of pics of your ride from all sides and interior and engine wise . Good luck at whoever sends there profile to places.

Old 04-20-2007 | 02:59 PM
SXT2nr

ORIGINAL: rtneon67

sxt2nr how did u get your sponsorships? i did the hole scp thing and its junk i want a real sponsor.
How do I get sponsored?

This is a question I get quite often. This information is my own personal experience, others might have other experiences. I can only talk about what I have gone through.
---------------------------------------
First thing you need to do is make up a portfolio about your car. Your portfolio should include but not limited to:

- A detailed description of your car
- Ownership information
- Color photos
- Vehicle appearance schedule (events/shows/exhibits)
- Previous and planned Media coverage (magazine/TV/Internet)
- What are you looking to get from your sponsor? Ie. Parts, tools, etc.

Here are some things to think about:

- You willing to put sponsors logo on your car if they require it?
- Willing to go to certain shows for your sponsor?
- Willing to travel far distances?

What I've found is that you need to hit alot of the major shows (ie. HIN, Import Life Tour, Street Dreams, Autoxatcy, etc).

Another thing is that you have to be willing to travel. Sponsors use you to promote their product, if your just hanging around your town going to Billie bob's car show - its not gonna do a major sponsor that good. For instance, for the 2004 show season our schedule had us going to shows in Chicago (IL), Detriot (MI), Windsor (canada), Toronto (canada), Norwalk (OH), Carlisle/Harrisburg (PA), Atlanta (GA). So you see - we're not just hitting shows in our home area but we're also going out of state.

Don't get disappointed about this, this is a very long process. Outta 10 sent proposals 1 might get back to you and that could possibly not work out anyways. Just don't give up , there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh, BTW, to give you an idea we were sponsored by the following companies: Audiobahn, TYC, Autotechnica, Katzkin to name a few. Another thing, sometimes you get things for free from Companies other times they will sell it to you at their cost. Totally up to how the company wants to do your sponsorship.

Hope this was helpful. If you need more information don't hestitate to ask me. I'll try and answer questions.

Quick Reply: help with sponsorship