Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Who hates imports like me.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who hates imports like me.

I like most imports it all depends upon the driver about being cocky and stupid not the ride. I like all show and fast rides no matter what they are american or import.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:15 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Just because a car or truck is old or out of shape doesn't mean it has less potential than a brand new one. An old clunky truck can easily be restored as far as the exterior.

Old 11-23-2005, 11:00 PM
tonedef1

i would'nt mind being called a ricer you know cause the jdm (Ricers) were the ones that came up with the most modern car tech products by the way a body kit and wing doesnt make you a ricer those two inventions are completely american in japan they lighten up the body and use areo kits which reduce drag they look nothing like the crap we have here

Old 11-23-2005, 11:21 PM
AirWolf

I think all are neons have been called ricers just because we all are different some have bodykits, srt wings, dual exhausts, big mufflers, vertical doors, biggerwheels and tires. sweet paintjobs and graphics, aftermarket tails sides and 3rd brake lights. Domestic or import as long as you like your ride and work hard on modding it thats all that matters . A cool ride is a cool ride no matter wha tyou have.

Old 11-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: tonedef1

Dodge has worked very closley with mitsubishi for at least 23yrs and neons are just about as "import" as an american car can get. I don't know what the big deal is with import bashing we are all car lovers JDM USDM EDM there all the same.... i own a neon (It's broken down just a few streets up from my house) "ive owned fords hondas and mitsubishis. I would have to say tho my 88 honda accord non vtec has in it's life screwed on quite a few neons (it might have just been the drivers) but the arguing between tuners has to end it's put up or shut up time if you got the ponys to back up the bs then you can talk.
You ressurected this thread exactly 1 year and 6 days after the last post! lol

Old 11-24-2005, 12:51 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

I have plenty of respect for people who build up their cars. I'm not so much after "power out of the box" as I am "what class can I run in from the showroom floor?" I haven't been able to run in a stock class since '99, and I miss it. A DIY wing delete on an STi takes it out of SCCA Stock class immediately, so why bother? The Elise is in Super Stock, and the 90's Vipers are where?... Glorified Celica my ***... And if you've ever test driven the Matrix and had the thrill of participating in the Mazda 3 challenge, you'd know the difference in a heartbeat.

Old 11-24-2005, 01:22 PM
gutted
Veteran

ORIGINAL: RadarLove

$15k range - Mazda 3s. Outhandled any stock 2nd gen Neon the day it became available.
I keep thinking about trading in my truck on one of these. There's a couple dealerships near me that have some big big clearance sales on 2005's... Very tempting. I love those cars.

Old 11-24-2005, 02:38 PM
AirWolf

Your right midnight I forgot this was my post I have changed my mind about imports since ive made import friends at shows and forums most imports are sweet lookin its sometimes the drivers that get crappy Ive also seen srt4s and stangs and other v8s that the drivers is very cocky.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:42 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

ehhh....mazda 3 challenge??? Ever go to srt's when they had theirs?? I wasnt really goin for the stock class racing idea.....but more for the vehicles id like to have...Sorry bout the glorified celica comment...lol Ive seen how they were built a long time ago to save weight and trust me I was sold the first time I saw it....But 45000??? There is a dealer that sells em starting in the 30000 dollar range which is very nice...for your wallet. Im more into the independent racing scene (weekend warrior) race wars...where ppl spend weekends racing their modified (ricers and domestics) for crazy fun. Eventually id like to go to skips racing school if ya know what I mean...then maybe find a sponsor and race under mopars...But there is absolutely nothing wrong w/ either forms of racing a lot of famous ppl got their start w / 1/4 drags in 12 and under and now seem to be famous (sponsored) and get a lot free performance bolt-ons. I guess id kinda like to be like steph papadakis or race SCCA world tours like on speedvision. Maybe I could take my neon out to autoX at your tracks sometime. And about the ricer comments Played out=riced out.....screwing your cars stock form and looks over to add mismatched items that no more give it flare to it then adding a folgers coffee can and aluminum or vinyl siding with a hint of duct tape and one spinner hubcap with three bare steelies and door hinge style lambo doors and a 10000 dollar stereo system...

Old 11-27-2005, 08:18 PM
whyte69
Veteran

speaking of horrid looking mods done to a car, here's a REALLY large exhaust tip being added to a WRX

Actually, I kid. It's just the exhaust fan for the dyno at the other end of the shop. It was just a well timed photo. Though I wouldn't put it past some ricer to dream big and do something like that.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19868/FCC76D65815C410C94DC74A2623B731F.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Who hates imports like me.