Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Common Dodge Neon Repairs and Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
spoolie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

having the exact problems, we are going to try changing the crank sensor. hope that fixes it.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:57 AM
domgonsalez
Default did u figure it out?

Originally Posted by fatboy88
my 2000 neon has drive but no rev and in netural it goes forward but in rev and park it acts like its in a bind
I'm having hella tranny problems too, did you figure it out or what r the things u've tried already to fix the problem?

Old 11-07-2012, 11:00 AM
domgonsalez
Default did that work?

Originally Posted by spoolie
having the exact problems, we are going to try changing the crank sensor. hope that fixes it.
did changing the crank sensor work?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:04 AM
richram

Hello im in need of some help my daughter went of some railroad tracks and now the transmission wont shift nothing low or reverse no drive nothing any ideas would be greatful

Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 PM
jwbeez
Default 2004 dodge neon sxt

i have a 2004 dodge neon sxt i have replaced 2 passenger side motor mounts when driving and excelerating i still have motor vibrations any suggestions

Old 01-06-2013, 01:14 AM
kaybird

Originally Posted by richram
Hello im in need of some help my daughter went of some railroad tracks and now the transmission wont shift nothing low or reverse no drive nothing any ideas would be greatful

Almost the exact same thing happened to me when I first got my car. I thought my battery was messed up. It turned out the cable that is inside the gear shaft simply just popped out. I had my car towed to NBT and they figured it for me. What stood out was my reverse lights were still on and the car would not move but the gear shaft moved loosely. I noticed that when I put it in "Drive" and it went backwards. I hope this helps. The mechanic told me this can happen when going over a lot of bumpy surfaces.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:26 PM
richram

Originally Posted by kaybird
Almost the exact same thing happened to me when I first got my car. I thought my battery was messed up. It turned out the cable that is inside the gear shaft simply just popped out. I had my car towed to NBT and they figured it for me. What stood out was my reverse lights were still on and the car would not move but the gear shaft moved loosely. I noticed that when I put it in "Drive" and it went backwards. I hope this helps. The mechanic told me this can happen when going over a lot of bumpy surfaces.
where is the cable located at thanks for the help also

Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 AM
kaybird

Originally Posted by richram
where is the cable located at thanks for the help also

Now that I'm not exactly sure. I think it may be underneath the car. If you can find a way to get your car to a mechanic, they can locate it for you. I had my car towed to a NTB.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 PM
justinadams13
Default dodge neon trouble

when it comes to the camshaft position sensor should there be oil behind the sensor when you remove it and if not what seal should be replaced????

Old 02-11-2013, 04:10 AM
Jeannie DueƱaz

Originally Posted by fatboy88
my 2000 neon has drive but no rev and in netural it goes forward but in rev and park it acts like its in a bind
I have a problem with my 2000 Neon everything was working fine but you would have to mess with the shifter to make it go in reverse.I took to a mechanic and he said he dropped the pan and checked out the REV belt so I go to pick the neon up and the car sounds horrible all shaky and making weird noises.It was acting like it wanted to stall out.I had this car for 4 year and NEVER did the check engine lite come on but a couple blocks away from the shop I took it to the Check engine lite came on!I told hubby to take it back and the macanic said he didnt do anything but check the belt..Im so mad cuz my car was quiet smooth and never had check engine lite on and this guy did something wrong to my car!! Like I said only problem with this car was had to mess with the stick shift to go in rev..I just had to vent Hahahhaahh

Quick Reply: Common Dodge Neon Repairs and Problems