Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Cracked Dash issues on the news .... for those of you who haven't seen this yet

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Dash issues on the news .... for those of you who haven't seen this yet

Check it out .... the cracked dash has now made it to the news. Watch the video ...

http://www.local6.com/news/13227601/detail.html

Old 05-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cracked Dash issues on the news .... for those of you who haven't seen this yet

you know the butt pirate that put that u-haul truck on a gooseneck backwards filmed his truck overheating and brought up a case against chevy and the LLY overheating issue won his case.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Cracked Dash issues on the news .... for those of you who haven't seen this yet

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?!?!?!?

What a TOOL that guy was !!!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all the guys at the dyno day were talking about it. . .we were also wondering why the judge didnt quite understand the principles of aerodynamics, plus at the end were he loaded it like that just to make the thing overheat. . .

Old 05-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I'm sure it'll be appealed. Who the heck was Chevy's lawyer? You'd think he would have HAD to point that stuff out.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I'm sure it'll be appealed. Who the heck was Chevy's lawyer? You'd think he would have HAD to point that stuff out.

What do call a 747 full a lawyers crashing in the ocean.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
A good start.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Dallas192
Professional

wonder if they will do anything for the 99 rams as well? mine looks like garbage

Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Go to the dealer and complain, if they won't help go to Dodge and complain, if theyt won't help get in with the people in this story and get the gov. involved. Be polite but persistant.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:48 AM
beachmstr

I thought mine was unique. I still have my 01 so I guess I should see what they're gonna do about it.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:48 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain

I would say that it is a defect but out of how many dodges with that same dash have cracked ??? grand total i would say less then 5% total sold thats not alot at all. I have replaced more water pumps on 5.2 and 5.9 than see dash cracks in my 11 years of working on Chrysler,Dodge and Jeeps stuff. If the water pump fails and there goes all the coolant your car will over heat and is that some thing that Dodge should be held to check as well??? OH BTW I watched the video and I doubt highly that the dash fallind through like that caused her lights not to work any more and Why do i say this because the wiring for the lights are on teh Driver side and go right out throught the firewall to the PDC. It does not split under the dash and go to each side of the truck from the inside it goes outside and then splits. I woulds say she has a switch and how may of thoes have we seen??? lots or burnt out hight beam bulbs. Any one else seen what she has done after the news report?

Quick Reply: Cracked Dash issues on the news .... for those of you who haven't seen this yet