Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Stacks are in ;-) >>

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:17 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stacks are in ;-) >>

Ok dudes, here's some quicky pics of my stacks .. finally. First it was waiting on the stacks, then waiting for them to be Jet-hotted, then I found those really cool clamps that I needed to wait on. I hunted the UPS man down today to get the clamps and I was ready to go.

I removed my MBRP exhaust and used a AeroTurbine muffler. It took me about 3 hrs doing it by myself. I think they came out sweet ! I cut the hole using a 5" hole saw. It's amazing out thin the metal on these trucks are. It went through like butta. There a cross member under the trck that is half way in the way but, the saw sall took quick care of that. Then I took a 3/8" trannsmission hose sliced one side and wrapped it around the hole. Looks like a custom fit.

The sound..... amesome ! not too loud, not to quite. If I lay into the peddle you can here it without a doubt but, not anymore than the exhaust out the back. Maybe a little louder but, nothing to be concerned about.

[center]

[align=center][align=center]
[align=center]
[align=center]
[align=center]
[align=center][/align] [/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 05-18-2007, 07:20 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: Stacks are in ;-) >>

NICE!!![sm=bling.gif][sm=bling.gif][sm=bling.gif]

Old 05-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now all we need are some pics of the coal rolling out of them

Old 05-18-2007, 07:49 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Drew

now all we need are some pics of the coal rolling out of them
That's one reason I wouldn't mind having a manual. You can lug it to the point the sky is night behind you :-)

I'll take some this weekend. I'm dropping it off with Jeff Sunday. Not that it's anything special but, since you're really close you can go check it out. He was suppose to install my turbo too but, they're on back order [:@]. hopefully in a couple weeks. I'll post some pics of that too cause I had my ATS exhaust Jet-hotted in sterling :-) What the hell.... it has a life time warranty just like the stack plumbing and I've seen to many stories about nappy rusty manifolds a week after they were installed. Apparently, ATS's powder coating doesn't hold up well.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:52 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Those look sweet brotha!!! Will you marry me so I can diviorce you in a week and take my half?

Old 05-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Mayfair
Legend

BADD AZZ !!!!!!!!

Dude that looks AWESOME !! What's up wit all of those braided lines under you truck in the AERO pic? What are they all for? Looks GREAT !!

How is that AERO mounted? Is it sitting on the tranny crossmember? The pic IS showing it with the rings towards the back of the truck right? I'd hate to think that you mounted it backwards.

Why no "tinks tinks" on the stacks? I'm not feeling the love !!

Looks AWESOME man !!

Old 05-18-2007, 07:56 PM
triton
Record Breaker

thanks but, sorry Sharx... I need a prenuptial It's all MINE ! muhohohahaha!

Old 05-18-2007, 08:03 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

What's up wit all of those braided lines under you truck in the AERO pic? What are they all for?

How is that AERO mounted? Is it sitting on the tranny crossmember? The pic IS showing it with the rings towards the back of the truck right? I'd hate to think that you mounted it backwards.

Why no "tinks tinks" on the stacks? I'm not feeling the love !!

Looks AWESOME man !!
Thanks man :-) The Aero had a sticker on it that said inlet so, it's installed right. It's over the cross member but, not sitting on it. After everything was tighened, it all locked in place. No need for hangers.

The SS lines are my lift pump, I thought i showed you guys that before. It's just like the GDP kit but, I changed all the lines to bigger hose and SS w/ -AN fittings. When the roads get salted around here in winter, it really makes a mesh of things that aren't SS. I didn't want to have to replace any of it anytime soon.

No ting tings for me. Don't really care for them but, the concept is good. I keep my truck in my garage so it's not too big a deal.

[align=center][/align]

Old 05-18-2007, 08:18 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Looks great man. Can he win truck of the month twice?

Old 05-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Mayfair
Legend

VERY nice and clean looking plumbing job there triton !! Man your truck is just as nice UNDER it as it is over it !!

Quick Reply: Stacks are in ;-) >>