Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

It hurts to type.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 02:19 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It hurts to type.........

Hello my friends. Just back from my 4th carpal tunnel operation this morning. All I have left now is three trigger finger releases that will be done next month.

I have cursed hands......lol. 39 years old and I have a arthritis that should only occur in my senior years.

Doc told me no more comp typing for a few weeks. It's tough, VERY tough to ignore this place. I missed a lot of posts. And my g/f hates that it's the home page....LMAO. She lost that argument too.

Anybody on this sire ever have a nerve conduction test (EMG), where they shock you and cram you full of cathode needles? Just curious, I've had 6 of them. I think I get turned on by electrocution now. JUST KIDDING.

So while recovering, I have been reading these articles about "dual clutch transmissions". The tranny durability increases tremendously by design alone.

This sure seems the way to go for towing AND for cruising. Have Borg-Warner make a version that is adaptable to our 46/47/48 trannys. Let it bolt right up and have the same length to it.Keep it a 6 speed automatic. Now tac on a Gear Vendor over/underdrive unit to it and you have a 12 speed transmission. Pick the gear that let's you pull while maintaining reasonable EGTs.

It's almost idiot proof.

Anyway, sorry I don't get to post as much. I'll be back in a few days. I miss all of you..
......................... except Mayfair.

Adios amigos.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: It hurts to type.........

dont feel too bad. . .I crushed the index finger on my left hand last night while putting down laminate flooring. I thought my finger could be used to help seat the board. . .and it did, by way of a 20oz claw hammer[:@]

Old 05-25-2007, 02:36 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Drew

dont feel too bad. . .I crushed the index finger on my left hand last night while putting down laminate flooring. I thought my finger could be used to help seat the board. . .and it did, by way of a 20oz claw hammer[:@]
Did it look like this?

LMAO......LOL.........just busting chops buddy. Hope it heals quick. I have pills and other things for my pain. Hope you do as well.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:37 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, were all in the same boat!

Me and my dog got "attacked" by a friggin pit mix two nights ago. Only wayI could get him off my dog was putting myself between them. The friggin thing latched onto to my left forearm, then chomped again on my left hand.

Then it was MY TURN!

I got ahold of this things collar, had two fists full of neck and collar and went Mua Tai on his ***. He got loose after the third knee to the ribs and took off runnin'.

My dog got his ear chomped a bit and his hip is sore (he's a 9 y/o Shep mix).

Old 05-25-2007, 02:46 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Hope you get better soon. I have a chipped bone in my right wrist, always swollen and hurts a lot. but afraid of the surgery

Old 05-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Drew
Professional

it looked close to that. . .

Rich. . .pit bulls are one of the types that should not exist. you never know when they will become bi-polar and attack you.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:25 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Drew

it looked close to that. . .

Rich. . .pit bulls are one of the types that should not exist. you never know when they will become bi-polar and attack you.
Yeah, no $hit! I hate seeing any dog just running loose, but especially those things.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:20 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Took the skin off the knuckle yesterday rolling in mains and putting in cylinder packs. Why do they have to make those mounting flange edges so sharp?

Old 05-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Mayfair
Legend

DAMN Demon I'm really sorry to hear how bad things really are. I hope this operation fixes the problem. That really sucks !!

Well .... you guy's have jinxed me. I ripped a nice piece of skin off of my pinkie this morning helping some guys unload a moving conveyor belt. Just stopped bleeding about an hour ago. [:@]

Old 05-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Hey Demon,

Will you now qualify to park here ??

Quick Reply: It hurts to type.........