Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

ouch.... a 07 blown motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007 | 02:57 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: ouch.... a 07 blown motor

ORIGINAL: Drew

the 1600 has to be sustained, and not only that you would have to heat soak it for a while for it to begin to melt.

BTW, doing that Baja is considered fraud. people get away with it all the time, however I would say since he's got some suspension mods they wouldnt be to kind.
are you callin me a "fraud"???????

it depends on how well you handle "twisting" the facts a bit. come on, the government does it all the time to get there stuff!!!

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:11 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

Oh believe me, I don't mind frauding the dealer at all. That all they do to us !

I'm not even gonna bother with that though as the WILL find the reason why it happen. Going up a grade wouldn't be enough to cause the damage I have.

Someone said one time that the dealer told them they would have had to be going 195mph for 3hrs straight to cause the damage they had. That's probably what I would hear too.

I blew my warranty out the window 2 weeks after I bought the truck with the addition of some mods. I knew what I was doing and was ready to accept the consequences if there were a problem.

The dealer will fight you on just about any warranty issue. If they don't think they can get paid for the work by the manufacturer.... they won't touch it.

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:13 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

wow that sucks! any idea what the built motor is going to run you? I'd assume your going to be installing cams & larger turbo or twins?
I'm working on that now. I figure by the time I'm done I'll be well into 10K. I'll for sure being doing some internal work. Don't know about twins... maybe down the road. It's going to be costly enough just getting back on the road.

I'm hoping by at least the end of the month I'll be cruizin'

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:19 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

what do you do for a living??? it sounds like you have a nice shop..... wat are your plans for this new motor? totally worked and custom?
I wish I had a nice automotive shop. I'm an electrical contractor so I do have quite a few tools just not a lift and some specialty tools that are handy to have.

I'll post some pics of where i have it and some of the carnage later.

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:22 PM
finny
All Star

wow i almost teared up reading your post. that sucks i hope things go well for you triton.

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:23 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: speakle

You are taking it well. If it was me...I would be upset about the truck and in tears knowing the crap I would have to hear from the wife for the next few years.
My wife is ok with it. She knew as well as I what could happen going to the track. She's just about as much an enthusiast as I am so, she's looking for to the rebuild too. She told me last night that when I get it back together, she want to run it down the track ! I told her no way and she said find, she want her own truck [:@]

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:32 PM
Drew
Professional

I'm not calling anyone a fraud. . .it is just that action that is fraudlient. Some dealers are cool with some mods and will warranty damages that occur from the use of those mods, to an extent.

lets also say your torque converter went out. you were useing a preformance box when it went out and thats all you have. . .there is a known issue with the TC balloning under high load conditions while it is unlocked. yank the box off and have that bad boy replaced under warranty.

there is only so much damage that can occur before the dealer becomes suspicious. a droped valve seat. . .warranty, dropped injector causeing a hole in a piston. . .warranty. . .blowing a turbo. . .warranty, completely nukeing a hole and possably two others and you'll see an eyebrow being raised. now, unless your completely stock, been having all routene maintenance being done at the dealer and the latter happens, then yea. . .I can see warranty, however BOMB the thing and that happens and you'll be hard pressed to get STAR to see things your way. . .unless your Rich(Cumminalong)

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:32 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: triton

ORIGINAL: speakle

You are taking it well. If it was me...I would be upset about the truck and in tears knowing the crap I would have to hear from the wife for the next few years.
My wife is ok with it. She knew as well as I what could happen going to the track. She's just about as much an enthusiast as I am so, she's looking for to the rebuild too. She told me last night that when I get it back together, she want to run it down the track ! I told her no way and she said find, she want her own truck [:@]
thats a good girl to have!! why wouldnt you wanna do twins right off the bat and build the engine complete now instead of down the road?? O and just curious wat are ya drivin right now?

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:37 PM
Mayfair
Legend

What about Carslile?

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:41 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

What about Carslile?
yeah...I'm hoping to still make it. That's why I said I'm hoping by the end of the month I'll be on the road again. I have reservations !!

Quick Reply: ouch.... a 07 blown motor