Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

ouch.... a 07 blown motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:43 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: ouch.... a 07 blown motor

What's the date again? I'm trying to round up a possie.

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:44 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

thats a good girl to have!! why wouldnt you wanna do twins right off the bat and build the engine complete now instead of down the road?? O and just curious wat are ya drivin right now?
Yes she is but, I also pay the bills so there really not much she can say ;-)

My truck wasn't a daily driver. It sits in my shop during the week and usually onlycomes out
for weekend play. I have my wifes Cherokee & my work van if I need transpo.

[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center] [/align]

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:46 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

What's the date again? I'm trying to round up a possie.

I believe it's the weekend of July 6th. Are you going ? There's also a pro sled pull going on not far from there.

Old 06-14-2007 | 03:50 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I'd like to, that's why I wanted to know when it was so that I remember to keep that weekend open. I believe Demon's even thinking about taking the trip as well as 59.

Old 06-14-2007 | 04:58 PM
Ben D.
Champion

i like drews explanation of "nukeing a hole" i dunno why but that jsut made me laugh a wee bit.

Old 06-14-2007 | 05:11 PM
Drew
Professional

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

i like drews explanation of "nukeing a hole" i dunno why but that jsut made me laugh a wee bit.
gotta throw some comic relief in there somewhere

Old 06-14-2007 | 05:16 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

ORIGINAL: triton

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

wow that sucks! any idea what the built motor is going to run you? I'd assume your going to be installing cams & larger turbo or twins?
I'm working on that now. I figure by the time I'm done I'll be well into 10K. I'll for sure being doing some internal work. Don't know about twins... maybe down the road. It's going to be costly enough just getting back on the road.

I'm hoping by at least the end of the month I'll be cruizin'
Hey here's another thought... you swapped in a bigger innercooler which caused a lag in spool up?? (not 100% sure if I remember that right or not), could the bigger cooler have played a role in intake air velocity (slowing it down a tad) contributing to the problem? not an expert, just tossing it out there.

Old 06-14-2007 | 05:30 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: triton

wow that sucks! any idea what the built motor is going to run you? I'd assume your going to be installing cams & larger turbo or twins?
I'm working on that now. I figure by the time I'm done I'll be well into 10K. I'll for sure being doing some internal work. Don't know about twins... maybe down the road. It's going to be costly enough just getting back on the road.

I'm hoping by at least the end of the month I'll be cruizin'
Hey here's another thought... you swapped in a bigger innercooler which caused a lag in spool up?? (not 100% sure if I remember that right or not), could the bigger cooler have played a role in intake air velocity (slowing it down a tad) contributing to the problem? not an expert, just tossing it out there.

that's a good theory Steve but, I don't think that play in the cause. The spool up was good. The cooler didn't make a lot of difference. I see what you're saying though. I'm pretty sure it was the stock turbo. She just couldn't handle it any more captain !

What happen is my foot shoved the fuel to the floor and I thought it was hitting the brake....
yeah... that's what happen.

Old 06-14-2007 | 05:33 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: Drew

I'm not calling anyone a fraud. . .it is just that action that is fraudlient.
see technically a flat road is considered "grade" to the surrounding area. so a drag strip is at "grade" as per build specs during construction. I never said anything about a hill...

warranties also do not state that you may not test the vehicle for performance, nor mod it. each dealer can choose to refuse service based on a particular mod or problem but it had better be ON COMPANY LETTER HEAD IN WRITTING AND SIGNED BY THE HIGHEST MAGAER ON DUTY!

Doesnt Dodge advertise that the trucks will out perform the competition? you were testing their credibility!

Old 06-14-2007 | 06:55 PM
Drew
Professional

HA HA HA

I like the way you think

Quick Reply: ouch.... a 07 blown motor