Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

ouch.... a 07 blown motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007 | 07:33 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: ouch.... a 07 blown motor

mayfair i am almost positive im goin out there!

Old 06-14-2007 | 07:39 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: bajafun
Doesnt Dodge advertise that the trucks will out perform the competition? you were testing their credibility!
LMAO !!!

That's AWESOME !!!

59, OK .. are you going to make a weekend out of it?

Old 06-14-2007 | 09:37 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Triton, our pistons are made from aluminum as we all know. The high power big trucks all use pistons made from forged 4140 steel. I know this because Federal Mogul used to be my customer, until they moved to Mexico[:@]. Their only competitor was a company called Mahle. They still manufacture big truck pistons in TN. I remember back in the day FM did a sample run of steel for the ISB motors. I would see if you can find some forged 4140 (Chrome-moly) pistons from Mahle for your engine build. BTW Mahle also makes racing pistons for gassers. Hope this helps the cause. Something like this which is called their "monotherm" design.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40652/1741EDD943DB46F38508CDC5F436F62D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-14-2007 | 10:10 PM
mopar98
All Star

Holy crap dude ,
I'm sitting here reading this post and I just can't believe it.
My hat is off to U , You are taking this like a champ.
I guess everything has it's breaking point when pushed hard enuff.
I salute your carnage and will be awaiting your pics of the new build.
U have my deepest sympathy.

Old 06-14-2007 | 10:13 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

Thanks Nick. I'll definitly look into those. I don't know that I'd want to pay $500 a piece though. I know some pistons can run that amount.

I found out I may have trouble getting a new motor. Cummins can't sell them because they are propreitary to Dodge/DC. Meaning, no one can sell them except dodge. What a crock that is !! They will try and rape me just like they do when selling a vehicle.

If I can't get a long block, I'll have to rebuild mine ( if I can ) or find one in a junkyard to rebuild. The manufacturer is stiking it to me again !

Old 06-14-2007 | 10:15 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: mopar98

Holy crap dude ,
I'm sitting here reading this post and I just can't believe it.
My hat is off to U , You are taking this like a champ.
I guess everything has it's breaking point when pushed hard enuff.
I salute your carnage and will be awaiting your pics of the new build.
U have my deepest sympathy.
Thank you very muh sir. Those are some kind words. I will keep posting with updates.

Old 06-14-2007 | 10:23 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: triton

Thanks Nick. I'll definitly look into those. I don't know that I'd want to pay $500 a piece though. I know some pistons can run that amount.

I found out I may have trouble getting a new motor. Cummins can't sell them because they are propreitary to Dodge/DC. Meaning, no one can sell them except dodge. What a crock that is !! They will try and rape me just like they do when selling a vehicle.

If I can't get a long block, I'll have to rebuild mine ( if I can ) or find one in a junkyard to rebuild. The manufacturer is stiking it to me again !
I'll bet if you can't get a long block from Cummins that some of your racing buddies can get their hands on one.

BTW there is a Cummins dealer / service center on I-26 near I-85 intersection in SC. Try looking up their number and calling them directly. The guys in the parts dept are pretty cool. If they can work around something for you I bet they will!

Old 06-14-2007 | 10:32 PM
triton
|
Record Breaker

I'll bet if you can't get a long block from Cummins that some of your racing buddies can get their hands on one.

BTW there is a Cummins dealer / service center on I-26 near I-85 intersection in SC. Try looking up their number and calling them directly. The guys in the parts dept are pretty cool. If they can work around something for you I bet they will!
There's one in Gainesville I was talking with. He said there was no way for them to get one because Dodge wouldn't allow it. He also said that with everything they do ( repairs ), they don't get a discount from the dealers. If they were able to get a motor, they put 50% on it before selling it to me !! he recommended talking to a dealer.

So, I've been calling some of the forum/mod friendly dealers to see what I can come up with. The one's I've spoken with all need to call Detroit to get an answer. They're saying one would have to be pull from the line to be sold. This I don't understand cause I thought the 5.9L isn't being made anymore. I'm hoping there's one sitting in a warehouse somewhere !

Old 06-15-2007 | 12:37 AM
MrSlug
Veteran

I gotz a neighbor with an old 240D that would sell you his motor cheap

Old 06-15-2007 | 01:54 AM
jakebrake
Champion

You can't get a running engine because of the emissions crap, but you can still get a long block.

Quick Reply: ouch.... a 07 blown motor