Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New to board and new to diesels...already having problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 05:26 AM
Vettetr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to board and new to diesels...already having problems

ORIGINAL: squirtbottle09

Does it only do it between 1st and 2nd? Mine does and I took it in under warrenty and they said it is 2 silinoids that are fighting against each other. I am supposed to get it fixed when the job allows.
It is doing it all the time now, I was about a mile from the house and was worried I was going to have to get it towed home...I finally got pissed and dropped it into 1st and made it drag itself home.

I'm going to check the price of the solenoids and hopefully it won't be an expensive trial.

I was looking at the Phoenix Performance tranny and for $2300.00 including shipping I can have a "Stage 3 PRT Extreme Race Unit"

You guys ever heard of one of the these?

Old 06-30-2007, 07:22 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

I see a lot of guys running the Dave Goerend (sp?) built trannys singing their praises. Do some searching. Check TDR, DTR forums and others. There's tons of discussion on the subject.

Old 06-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Vettetr

ORIGINAL: DiEseLjunKy

I see a lot of guys running the Dave Goerend (sp?) built trannys singing their praises. Do some searching. Check TDR, DTR forums and others. There's tons of discussion on the subject.
For 6 g's I would hope people are singing more than praises.I'm not spending more on the tranny in my hauler than I am on the vehicle I'm towing. Thanks for the suggestion though

Quick Reply: New to board and new to diesels...already having problems