Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

here they go again...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: here they go again...

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

Jimmy D I would think a light finishing polish would get rid of water spots. when water spots are left on for more than a week they can etch the paint. I suggest what Night runner told me to use. Zaino products. They are very good and thye have a full show car kit that is only 100 bux and provides enough product to do a truck 30 or more times. and considering that a synthetic sealant that zaino is will protect your paint for 4-6 months at a time or longer if kept up with detail spray well you get the point of how long that 100 bux will go for ya. if you have leather interior get the ultimate show car kit it has products for leather and if you don't then get their other kit that is like 85 or so dollars. The zaino kit is like a six step or so system that will remove light scratches and swirls and marks and provide a long lasting durable shine. If that doesn't get the water spots out you will need to start with a more abrasive polish to get them out but I think the light polish that comes in the zaino kit will get the job done. if not zaino also makes a more abrasive polish.
damn boy, i taught you well

Old 07-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

I never go to the Dakota forum as I don't have one so, why do they come here? there's no reason at all unless you guys may know each other. Now, it would be a different story if the rivalry was between full size Ford's or Chevy's and our Cummins.
you can always learn or get ideas from anyone with any vehicle unless you (not YOU, but in general) are too hard headed

Old 07-14-2007, 06:54 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice group hug. i always thought you ctd guys were a bunch of touch holes

[IMG]local://upfiles/31284/890057EC58364EADBCF460E3F9B9665C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

why was the pic included?

Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

I tried to stop the group hug but no one would listen.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:06 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Group hugs are a terrible idea.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:38 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

haha back to the group hug lol

Old 07-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

Triton is my boy but dude you asked for what Night gave you right there and that is god damn well funny.

and plus night's been helpin me out with tons of stuff with detailing.

Hey night I took my jeep to a pro. guess what. It's not a clear coat vehicle. single stage colorcoat/clear deally. who knew. They think they can fix it they think it's just real heavy oxidation. O and I ordered a zaino full kit and z8. I coulda pmed you but i figured this is a nice change in the topic here to go to a friendleier convo.
pm me more details if there are any...who would have known about the jeep? crazy huh? also, post up some pics after you apply it and let me know how you like it!
no doubt i'll pm pics but I'm taking it to this place they use Zaino products and they are going to buff and polish it for me. Since I don't have a variable speed buffer I can't use a more aggressive polish to really get rid of these marks. Yea who woulda known that it's a single stage I thought for awhile now they were all dual stage but hey she washed the section of the hood real quick when I took it to her to see if it's worth fixing. then she used a mid abrasive to light polish and with a buffer on low for about 30 secs hood looks better now than when I went to it with 5-6 coats of meguairs scratch x. but yea the buffer pad and when she buffed with a cloth it came back black so yea it's single stage. I'm taking it to her for a f ull detail buff/polish/seal and it's gonna run me about 150 which I think that's worth it by far so hey. Shescheduled the appt for the 25th becuz she wanted towait to make sure it doesn't come back because she didn't wanna do all this and find out it comes back. The vehicle I think i'll be doing by myself will be my dad's ram which I send you pics of as well of a b4 and after. after what I saw can be done when you have a buffer instead of just ur hand i'm definately going to invest in a buffer for the future whenever I decide to buy a truck whether it be CTD or hemi sport we shall see.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

Jimmy D I would think a light finishing polish would get rid of water spots. when water spots are left on for more than a week they can etch the paint. I suggest what Night runner told me to use. Zaino products. They are very good and thye have a full show car kit that is only 100 bux and provides enough product to do a truck 30 or more times. and considering that a synthetic sealant that zaino is will protect your paint for 4-6 months at a time or longer if kept up with detail spray well you get the point of how long that 100 bux will go for ya. if you have leather interior get the ultimate show car kit it has products for leather and if you don't then get their other kit that is like 85 or so dollars. The zaino kit is like a six step or so system that will remove light scratches and swirls and marks and provide a long lasting durable shine. If that doesn't get the water spots out you will need to start with a more abrasive polish to get them out but I think the light polish that comes in the zaino kit will get the job done. if not zaino also makes a more abrasive polish.
damn boy, i taught you well

yea you definately did. I've learned a lot about detailing from you and I plan to use that info like I said I'll definately post pics of my jeep when it comes back from the detailer and definately after I do my first job on it. and pics of my dads ram will be posted too.

Quick Reply: here they go again...