Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dumb nephew

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:20 AM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumb nephew

OMG, I would have killed somebody.... I always say that... but in this case it may have come real close to actually happening. Ok well, I would have atleast kicked somebody in the nuts.

I actually have nightmares (I wake up sweating and stuff) about events just like this taking place with my truck. I have to go out to the driveway and check on her in the middle of the night to reassure my self so I can go back to sleep. I think I have mental problems... .

Anyway, so Drew... that vent kit will let you drain the tank withoutdropping it? or what?

Old 07-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no, the vent line kit will allow you to not only get 5 extra gallons of capacity for the tank, but keep the formation of foam down considerably so when you fill up and the nozzle kicks off. . .your tank is truly full. . .not just foam full.

as far as the gas in the tank thing. . it is job security.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:50 AM
savage.basher

oh nice, now I understand, so that hose attaches at the top of the tank... so the foam has some where to go instead of up the filler tube. nice..

Do they make one for the bottom of the tank. My fourwheeler has somethig like that on the air box to drain water/oil out.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Drew
Professional

nope. . .I guess DC just figured you would run the tank dry

Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 PM
CutterW
Captain

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

I actually have nightmares (I wake up sweating and stuff) about events just like this taking place with my truck. I have to go out to the driveway and check on her in the middle of the night to reassure my self so I can go back to sleep. I think I have mental problems... .
Hold me, I'm scared. and don't most pickups say Diesel or Gas on the dash. And I'll say it again, Don't let people borrow your truck.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
donnie
Professional

I also thought that the diesels had some type of marking on the filler door that cautiuons about "diesel Only"
I made a label for the door on mine that says"DIESEL ONLY".

Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Cumminnotstrokin
Professional

Well had the tuck put on a flat bed and towed to my normal mechanicNOT the dealer ship, I can just imagine what they would come up with for warranty issues. I am going to let the little bastard fit the whole bill. Wife wants to use my insurance to cover the damages to the fenders$100.00 deductable. I told her no freaking way I have zero marks on my driving record and I am not going to start now to cover his Dumb A$$.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Drew
Professional

sometimes the best lessons are those that hit the wallet.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
RamFreak
Veteran

Man I'm sorry to hear that happened, I can just imagine the thoughts that were running through your head after the dents then the regular gas.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Mayfair
Legend

THAT EFFING SUCKS !!!!!!!!

As much as I hate having a tonneau cover on my truck, it's times like this that I'm glad. People sometimes ask to borrow my truck, but hten when I tell them that they can't put anything taller than a milk crate in the back they go elsewhere.

GOOD !!

I thnk the fenders would **** me off more than anything else. You can drain the fuel yourself, but fixing the fenders is a job for the pro's.

Quick Reply: Dumb nephew