Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

need advise

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:45 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need advise

I WILL GET THAT INFO I MENTIONED ABOVE UP HERE FRIDAY!

had a business meetin tonight

Old 09-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Mayfair
Legend

You know what's funny. I was just at a clients house. He is an educated black man who is also a lawyer. He had Dr Phil on and the show was covering problem kids. After it was over he turned to me and said " You never hear of these problems with African American kids." I thought about it for a minute, and he was absolutely right.

Not to turn this whole thing into a race thing, but it seems as though "White America" has drifted away from what worked perfectly fine back in the day in favor of the new "Time Out Kids". If I'm at the market and I see some white kid acting up in aisle 3, I see the soccer mom trying to talk to her child, time out her child, "No No That's not nice child" ... I cruise on over to aisle 5 and see a black kid acting up. All you hear is " Oh HELL NO" followed by a CRRRRACK immediately followed by " Not a peep outta you or I'll give you something to cry about"

Yep .. that's how I was brought up

Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 AM
speakle
All Star

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

You never hear of these problems with African American kids."
Sorry Mayfair, that is the biggest bunch of horse crap I think I have heard in a long time (politicians not included).

Old 09-28-2007, 08:08 AM
cujo
Captain

A little fear does go a long way. But the trick is to have the kids fear the punishment for the deed, not fear the parent. If they are afraid of the punishment they might think twice. Unfortunately each kid is different and presents different challenges. Having to parent has got to be the most difficult task there is. Both Mom and Dad must provide a united front, kids will figure out who is the weak link. To those of you that are single parents, my hat is off to you. I know how difficult it is with two parents, I can't image going it alone. Just remember you are teaching them to become adults while at the same time they are teaching you to be parents.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:19 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

You know what's funny. I was just at a clients house. He is an educated black man who is also a lawyer. He had Dr Phil on and the show was covering problem kids. After it was over he turned to me and said " You never hear of these problems with African American kids." I thought about it for a minute, and he was absolutely right.

Not to turn this whole thing into a race thing, but it seems as though "White America" has drifted away from what worked perfectly fine back in the day in favor of the new "Time Out Kids". If I'm at the market and I see some white kid acting up in aisle 3, I see the soccer mom trying to talk to her child, time out her child, "No No That's not nice child" ... I cruise on over to aisle 5 and see a black kid acting up. All you hear is " Oh HELL NO" followed by a CRRRRACK immediately followed by " Not a peep outta you or I'll give you something to cry about"

Problem is I am concerned with what outsiders may consider abuse. if I yell in the store I might be considered abusing the child. the wrong person in the store and bamout with the cell phone next thing you know Child sercive is ringing me up instead of the cashier.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:20 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Also what is the moajority of race in teh prison population? I am not trying to be racist but not always is it a good idea to follow one particular method for instant gratification. people have a lifetime to think about and I am confused and trying to do that myself.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that may be true up north. . . however come on down to the south and you will be shocked with the out of controll black kids. . .what is worse is these kids have no father. . .but the mother thinks they may know who the baby daddy is. not all are like that, however a vast majority are.

every week on the news there are atleast 2-4 news reports of black juvies being arrested for the 2nd-6th time for aggrivated assault to murder. There are many areas of Atlanta I just wont go, hell, the guy that works next to me, who is black, wont go to those areas either. And once the sun goes down, he doesnt leave the house.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Drew

that may be true up north. . .
Maybe ... you could be right. I was just relaying something that happend to me and things that I've noticed. I wasn't advocating one method or another, just relaying an observation.

On another note, back to the Supernanny, the one thing that she stands firm on is FOLLOWING THROUGH !! Don't tell the kid "If you do that again I'll ...." and then not follow through once he does. Apparently it's a big part of the problem - not following through. Give the child ONE warning, and then when he does it again, follow through. That alone get's the message across that you're not playing around anymore.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:25 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Drew

that may be true up north. . .
Maybe ... you could be right. I was just relaying something that happend to me and things that I've noticed. I wasn't advocating one method or another, just relaying an observation.

On another note, back to the Supernanny, the one thing that she stands firm on is FOLLOWING THROUGH !! Don't tell the kid "If you do that again I'll ...." and then not follow through once he does. Apparently it's a big part of the problem - not following through. Give the child ONE warning, and then when he does it again, follow through. That alone get's the message across that you're not playing around anymore.
That is sound advise.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:35 PM
mopar98
All Star

Jimmy I ain't got kids , but I do look forward to it one day.
Be strong and remember you gotta be the one who they look up to.
My dad raised me and my brother and other than smoking cigs and swearing we
never got into trouble , the old man put the fear of god into us, with out ever laying a hand on us.
Also I agree with the earlier post about chores.
I think a kid who has to do a little around the house will learn a little respect.
Good luck to ya.

Quick Reply: need advise