Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dead diesel update

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:38 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dead diesel update

Damn, the reason I bought a 4x4 was to take it off road.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Using 4WD will not void your warranty, abusing your 4WD can. I just read the warranty manual again. I couldn't find anything about using the 4WD voiding the warranty. It does say in the manual that the use of contaminated fuel is not covered under warranty. I am not taking up for the dealer that you went to. They sound like they don't know anything about a diesel.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:21 AM
mileshuff
Professional

His point wasn't that using 4WD in itself voids the warranty. It's that any condition that requires 4WD induces elements for which the Ram can't handle and warranty won't cover. Such as going through water and having it sucked up in the intake because ofthebad placeDodge put the intake on some trucks.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:00 AM
speakle
All Star

I think there are times when it is ok but they can find any reason to void you. DieselRam, I would write a detailed letter to DC letting them know they have lost you as a customer and you will spread the word about how they do buisness. Will this get you anything, no probably not. It could but at least could bring situations like this to their attention.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: speakle

I love my truck but I seriously will reconsider next time I purchase. I have been completely sickened by some of the stories I have read.
I honestly don't think you're going to get a better warranty package or better support from any other manufacturer. I think they al lie in the same bed when it comes to honoring warranty claims.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shaun. . .I had been wondering what was going on with your rig. . .hopefully garmons shop does you right

last time I was there things were rather packed in that back lot he calls a shop.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:00 PM
redgtsviper

I know a few other people that have had warranty issues with there cummins. I think it is time for a class action law suit.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:23 PM
jimmyshorts

My Ram had 6 injectors fail and I was getting grief from the regional rep for having dyed diesel in the fuel system. DC said they would pay for 3 injectors and labor to install 6. I wouldn't accept that and the service manager went ahead and had the fuel analysed (at a cost of around $1000). The fuel came back clean and they honored the warranty, not long after I purchaced a new CTD. So needless to say I was out around $12,000 to get out of my old lease and $46,000 for a new truck. P.S. I had a 3 yr. lease with 30k allowable-when I turned my old truck in it had 92500k and they had theballs to charge me $340 for over kilometerage, even though I was turning the truck in 1 year early and buying a brand new one. That was almost the deal breaker. That alone is putting, Im guessing, 3-4k in thier pocket. They better not give me any warranty grief (extended 5 yr/200000k) with my new one or they will have lost another repeat customer....Ill be stuck driving a, cough, Power Stroke.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:34 PM
JR 06
Professional

Man sounds like you guys are dealing with some uptight dealers. At the Ford dealership I work at we hardly ever actually void a warranty. In fact we usually only do that if the guy is a real *****(which alot of Ford truck owners are). But we have tons of trucks come in with programmers and blown head gaskets and we always hook the customer up and do it under warranty. Hell I did a truck the other day that was getting its second set of headgaskets and the truck only had 40,000 miles on it. Course he was running an Edge programmer, but all we do is unhook all stuff for them, sometimes put on a new exhaust manifold for whichever side they had the pyrometer in, so that way when the truck leaves our shop it goes back to stock.

Now granted, different dealers do things their own ways, and this is two different manufacturers, but sounds like those dealers ya'll been going to have some a-holes workin for them. Cuz we do what we can to keep customers, not turn them away.

Quick Reply: Dead diesel update