Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dead diesel update

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 PM
dieselram
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead diesel update

Hello all. Long time no see.
This is a short update for those who remember my engine mishap. I fought with Dodge up to the regional rep but it was no use. I took a different route and went through my insurance company. They were very helpful and are going to cover most of my rebuild and might fight dodge in the legal arena. I'm currently talking with Garmon's Diesel about the rebuild and hopefully we can get a package together. I'll have pics and specs when everything's back together.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker
Default RE: Dead diesel update

Man I hated to hear that from day one. I wish Dodge would take responsibility for that.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:59 PM
dieselram
Captain

I just found it ironic that as I was fighting them, their "Lifetime Warranty" commercials were just starting to come out.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 PM
speakle
All Star

On what grounds is your insurance company going to cover you? That is pretty nice. Good luck, glad to see something working out for you.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:29 PM
dieselram
Captain

Well,water damage is covered (flood, ex.) and Dodge said my truck had water damage. I didn't admit water damage, but the claims' adjuster said it looked like water damage. They almost didn't cover it because Dodge told them it was poor maintenance, but I showed them the poor design of the intake going directly into the fender (water past the headlight into the airbox) and they sided with me. BTW, using the 4wd system in any instance that it might be needed will void your warranty (so don't believe the DC ads showing Jeeps and trucks off-road) and when I asked about the gauges not showing a problem, Dodge said "Well I guess you just got a bad guage set". They didn't explain to me why engine damage due to faulty factory guages wasn't covered.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
R0oster31
Veteran

I still can't believe that it wasn't covered. Since they said it was the fuel did you check out the station you got it from? At least the insurance company will cover most of it. What is the thing about using 4X4?

Old 10-09-2007, 12:02 AM
finny
All Star

i thoguht it was the air filter?

Old 10-09-2007, 12:39 AM
speakle
All Star

I love my truck but I seriously will reconsider next time I purchase. I have been completely sickened by some of the stories I have read.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:56 PM
mileshuff
Professional

I've had good luck so far with Dodge warranties. On my 2000 ram 1500 I had a 5yr 70,000 mile chrylser extended warranty. Not too long ago the water pump went out as well as a part in the tranny but I don't recall exactly what. Bill came to $1600. I called Chrysler warranty service and they promptly agreed to pay for the repairs even though my warranty ended 10,000 miles and 8 months prior.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:18 PM
dieselram
Captain

To be honest, I think I bought a bad setup. I've had warranty issues every 8-12 months since I bought this truck.

The 4x4 thing: Anytime you would need 4wd (i.e. snow, mud, sand, etc.) driving in that environment will void your warranty. As long as your 4wd truck doesn't leave dry pavement and is maintained by DC, you will be fine.

I know most companies would have done the same thing, but this is the last DC my family will own. I'm even rethinking my old Jeep idea, looking for an old FJ40/Defender 90now.

Quick Reply: Dead diesel update