Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Why is it when you own a truck...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:16 PM
Parts/Service
|
Champion
Default Why is it when you own a truck...

Why is it when you own a truck, everyone thinks that you want to help them move. I have access to many, many trucks and sometimes it sucks. I get at least 1 call a week from someone that assumes that I am just eager to help them move. Even worse, we have a used U-haul box truck and everyone wants to "borrow" it. No one ever wants to rent it.Its always"awecome on man, you can borrow it from your job and help me move". Andif I do let someone borrow it, they always bring it back with an empty tank. Seems like if you do someone a favor, they could at least pop for a tank of gas...Today I got a call from someone that asked if I could take Friday off and bring the truck and help them move.Then they got mad when I said no. I can take off any day that I want, but ifI am gonna take a day off it sure ain't gonna be to help someone move. Damn, I didn't evenwant to move my stuff when we bought the new house. I will go out of my way to help my true friends, but more often than not the people that want me to help wouldn't return the favor.... OK sorry for the rant....

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:22 PM
austin
Veteran
Default RE: Why is it when you own a truck...

I feel you man. Ever since I bought a truck last year I get a bunch of calls too. If there not my true friends they pay me though, so I don't usually mind.

Then again... All my true friends ride in trucks also!! Thats the only way to be cool nowadays, you gotta have a badasstruck

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:25 PM
Erock509
Veteran

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:26 PM
austin
Veteran

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:28 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

I live out in the middle of BFE and nearly everybody has a truck. But if you can get your hands on a trailer you start getting calls.

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:29 PM
Erock509
Veteran

finally got if figured out,,thnx

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:30 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I had a boss that asked me once and offered gas and pay. I did it. got neither, she bought me lunch. then she moved again and asked me and same promise. (kind of hard to turn your boss down) same story but this time lunch never happened. then she asked me to pick up a washer and dryer for her. I stressed to her that I really need some gas money as I am broke and only have enough gas budgeted to go to and from work until payday. she said she would pay me but has to go to the bank and when we meet at her house will have the money. Never saw a cent. well she got evicted and asked me to help. I told her flat out in front of almost he whole team that she never compensated me before and has to find another sucker.

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:38 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

I'm using my truck this weekend to haul 10-12,000 lbs. of hay to my Grandpa. (about 130 miles) I told him I would bring it down if he paid for the fuel. It's a good excuse for me to go and see my grandparents. I figured it would be a great way to help break the engine in.[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-18-2007 | 10:04 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

before i got my cummins i had a 2500gmc i still own,i was asked sometimes but since many of my buddys saw my dodge whit my 24' flat trailer damn they think i own a moving bussiness and like everybody of u all they dont pay a cent...save my best friends who fill up the BIG tank and pay for food at least and those are the kind who help back when wood time come along and so on...

Old 10-18-2007 | 10:18 PM
Twoforme2
Veteran

I have found I had lots of "friends" when I could do free stuff for them, but when I started refusing, or didn't have the ability to help anymore, only the real friends stuck around. SO either I am not as likeable as I thought, or all the freeloading bastards were really not friends. Can you tell I am broken hearted about it?

Quick Reply: Why is it when you own a truck...