Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Exhaust system advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Aero Ram
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust system advice

LOL thats what I thought, that sites got it all, blinker fluid (been hard to come by lately), hollow spark plug wires,elbow grease, and some very interestin seat covers....you should stock up buzzy

Old 11-26-2007, 12:24 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

[sm=icon_beat.gif] aero...... i cought on to what your up to! ya had me going for a minute there

Old 11-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

Man I shoulda played it off I coulda sold you some muffler bearings and elbow grease to help with installin them...If you want this setup send me $75

Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM
BuckieD

Yall fellas are using the wrong bearings...we use ceramic bearings with titanium races on our late model stock car, we gained 25 HP at the rear wheels...thats a good amount on the racetrack!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:38 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: BuckieD

Yall fellas are using the wrong bearings...we use ceramic bearings with titanium races on our late model stock car, we gained 25 HP at the rear wheels...thats a good amount on the racetrack!
The ceramic bearings can't take the extreme torque of these motors. I had a buddy try them and they broke apart, sending the titanium race flying into the Flux Capacitator and completely destroyed the Warp Drive!!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

the warp drive huh, from what ive heard....thats a pretty pricey repair considering its hard to find someone with a sky hook

Old 11-27-2007, 05:28 PM
chouseal
Veteran

Guys, be very careful with the muffler bearings. I had a friend who took that route trying to get some cheap additional horsepower and ended up blowing out his suspension (ball joints were literally melted due to the underbody heat). Exhaust gases are simply not designed to move that fast.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

ORIGINAL: chouseal

Guys, be very careful with the muffler bearings. I had a friend who took that route trying to get some cheap additional horsepower and ended up blowing out his suspension (ball joints were literally melted due to the underbody heat). Exhaust gases are simply not designed to move that fast.
Buzzy this guy is right we need to be careful...think I'll installed a pyrometer behind the muffler bearing ring just to keep an eye out, if it gets to hot I'll add a muffler bearing radiator that'll take care of it....

Chouseal if your interested Buzzy and myself have been running turbo fan polishing beads, they help alot all you gotta do it pop off the air intake from your compression side of the turbo and dump a bottle of 10ga. buckshot in start er up and let em polish away!

I've seen a great gain in my boost using the beads and highly recommend them

Old 11-27-2007, 11:33 PM
chouseal
Veteran

Buzzy and myself have been running turbo fan polishing beads, they help alot all you gotta do it pop off the air intake from your compression side of the turbo and dump a bottle of 10ga. buckshot in start er up and let em polish away!
I tried that, and to be honest I really wasn't too satisfied with the results. I put the buckshot in and let 'er idle for over 12 hours before putting any load on the engine. After all was said and done, I can't see that they did much good. At the time, though, I didn't know anything about Drew's Brew. That might have changed things.

I have a friend who has tried the same idea with sand (much finer grit = much more aggressive polishing action) and he claims it works wonders throughout the engine internals, not just the turbo. He tried it first on his lawnmower and ended up gaining close to .1 horsepower (not dyno'd). No gunk, carbon deposits or anything left behind, plus the bores and valves all have a beautiful sheen to them.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

ORIGINAL: chouseal

I have a friend who has tried the same idea with sand (much finer grit = much more aggressive polishing action) and he claims it works wonders throughout the engine internals, not just the turbo. He tried it first on his lawnmower and ended up gaining close to .1 horsepower (not dyno'd). No gunk, carbon deposits or anything left behind, plus the bores and valves all have a beautiful sheen to them.
Sands a great idea the grains pry won't hang in the intercooler as bad....meaning they can make it all the way through the engine and give your full exhaust a nice sandblasted shine!

Buzzy pick up a bag of sand and I'll come by to give your trucksome throttle actionwhile you dump the sandin! That way its all preped and ready when your smarty gets in!

Quick Reply: Exhaust system advice