Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Exhaust system advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:07 PM
chouseal
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust system advice

All right, gents... let us know how it goes.

Hey, try it in that big cropduster of yours, too. I'd do one engine at a time, though, just to be safe. Or maybe one per side? Since you'll be upping the output levels due to the polishing action, if you were to just do one or both on the left side, for example—crazy!—it'd probably pull to the right pretty hard. Adjust flight plans accordingly.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

I have also heard alot about water/alcohol injection, Could it be possible to hook your truck up to a bottle of jim beam and let her rip? Somebody has got to try that!!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

ORIGINAL: chouseal

Hey, try it in that big cropduster of yours, too. I'd do one engine at a time, though, just to be safe. Or maybe one per side? Since you'll be upping the output levels due to the polishing action, if you were to just do one or both on the left side, for example—crazy!—it'd probably pull to the right pretty hard. Adjust flight plans accordingly.
That Cropduster gets ALOT of sand through its intake and takes it very well...lol
FYI I modded my crop duster witha 105mm, 40mm and a 30mm chain gun
And maybe shot a deer or 2 while on the range but who knows

Tommy that jim beam will work fine give it a couple a shots worth

Old 11-28-2007, 11:18 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

The alchohol content in Jim Beam is way to high and as such will evaporate before it makes it to the thru the turbo. We use Shiner Bock down in these parts, it's only 5% and has fine lubricity qualities. I have been using the "Water Bong" method here lately and it works great.
It prety simple to set up. Go to home depot and buy a 6x 8 foot sheet of heavy gage plastic. Then go to you nearest Marine parts store and but a 500 GPH Bilge pump. Line the bed of your truck with the plastic and mount the pump near the cab, in the bottom of the bed.
Run the hose from the pump thru a 1" hole drilled thru the bed. Find the best routing to get to the exhaust manifold and drill a 9/16" hole and tap between each cylinder. Use a 3 wayT spitter that can be found at home depot also and install nipples into the manifold. Run the 3 lines off the splitter to the manifold nipples and your done. Now you just need to install the togle switch on the dash and your good to go.
Your bed will hold aprox. 500 gallons on water, with the 500 gallon per hour pump you'll be able to run wide open at 3000 rpm's with 700 hp for an hour straight. EGT's will never get over 250 f and you'll have plenty of back pressure. And talk about smoke??? Who needs it with all the steam you'll be putting out. You will be capable of creating your own weather system in the right conditions!

This has to be the lamest post ever!! [sm=lame.gif]

Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
BuckieD

The ceramic bearings can't take the extreme torque of these motors. I had a buddy try them and they broke apart, sending the titanium race flying into the Flux Capacitator and completely destroyed the Warp Drive!!
atleast it didn't hurt your discombobulator!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 AM
chouseal
Veteran

This has to be the lamest post ever!!
Aw, shucks... but it was fun!

Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

Well buzzy you've always been lame...what can I say...

Name:  lame.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  10.4 KB

Quick Reply: Exhaust system advice