Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Clunk noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007 | 08:03 PM
Dano5.9
Default RE: Clunk noise

dont u think it would happen more though if i hit bumps it only happens once after 5 mins of driving or just sitting there, ill be siting in the drive way waiting for the truck to warm up and then i hear a clunk,

Old 11-27-2007 | 08:08 PM
triton
Record Breaker

that what odd about it. You'll just have to determine if it's suspension, duct system or enigine. Clunks can be a lot of things. Our trucks are also known for having the damper door come lose in the duct work. Still doesn't account for the 5 min deal.

good luck !

Old 11-27-2007 | 08:11 PM
Dano5.9

i few more days of it then il have to brin it in the shop maybe its one of those things that go away? part of the break in period?

Old 11-27-2007 | 10:15 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Does it do it every day? Do you have climate control or manual HVAC controls? Could be the A/C compressor kicking on. With cliamte control most cars cycle the A/C compressor every once in a while. My a/c compressor sometimes hits so hard I almost think I got hit by someone. Try turning everything related to heat or a/c including defroster to the OFF position and see if it still clunks.

Quick Reply: Clunk noise