Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

a bit of a rant....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a bit of a rant....

I just wanted to say... it's come to my attention from a couple people that they were told my advise isn't worth the text it's written with because I blew the engine in my truck. Pfft !

I've been into motors and racing cars for a long time. No, I don't know it all but, I try to help where I can. If you don't want to take any advise I give... that's up to you.

If I was really concerned about hurting my truck, I never would have taken it to the track in the first place. I pushed my truck to it's limit and could easily have avoided it but, why ? I went to the track to have fun and you do not ***** foot if you plan to race. It's ***** to the wall !

I had fully planned to build my truck anyway, I just happen to do it sooner than expected. When it happen, I was running a Smarty beta program stacked with a TST. They didn't cause the problem.... MY foot did. Sure they added extra power to the truck but, it was my foot that stay on the floor.

Now, my engine is built the way I wanted it when I first saw the truck sitting on the lot. I don't know how much is being said behind my back through PM's or what ever but, for one I really don't care... for another, if you really don't know the story then you shouldn't be telling people to not listen to my advise. Whether my truck blew or not, I still would have invested what I did in it.

By posting anything, I've only tried to help other. Obviously, I've been wasting my time...

Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 AM
QUACKSTACKER
Professional
Default RE: a bit of a rant....

ORIGINAL: triton

I don't know how much is being said behind my back through PM's or what ever but, for one I really don't care...

not to be an ***, but when someone makes a post like this, it is obvious that you do care. if you truly didnt care you would not have taken the 5-10 minutes out of you day to put it on here. if you are pissed, say it. no need to beat around the bush.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 AM
dieselram
Captain

Sometimes the best way to learn is by breaking stuff. Its a painful learning curve though.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: QUACKSTACKER

ORIGINAL: triton

I don't know how much is being said behind my back through PM's or what ever but, for one I really don't care...

not to be an ***, but when someone makes a post like this, it is obvious that you do care. if you truly didnt care you would not have taken the 5-10 minutes out of you day to put it on here. if you are pissed, say it. no need to beat around the bush.
No, I don't care. I felt the need to let whom ever is talking their **** know though that, unless you know the real story... don't be talking **** !

Old 11-28-2007, 11:23 AM
ZmanTRX4
Professional

I've been into racing for a long time (not my truck of course, it's for work) but when you break something, you are finding your weak links. I've always had the mind set that if you break something, it's because it needed to be better in the first place. It's an ongoing process, but hey, ya gotta pay to play. These forums are for opinions and personal experiences of others, there's no reason to bad mouth anyone becuase we are all here for the same reason... our CTD!

Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Triton is a very valuable member who has learnmed lessons we don't want to dream of. He knows what happens when you heat soak your tubo over 1400 ferenheit, I don't wanna know what happens, but I do thanks to him. We all dream of building the motor he has, he got to do that sooner than he thought, big deal if he blew his motor, he blew it knowing what he was doing, he had a fairly good idea it was gonna happen. Some peoples kids....

Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 AM
cujo
Captain

Who here hasn't broken/blown something squirreling around? It's the risk of playing. If blowing something up by running it hard means you don't know your stuff, then there are a lot of stupid drag racing teams out there.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Triton, Good to see that you don't let it get to you.I must have missed something because IMO you always have given good/sound advice.If you blow your truck up, thats your fault, and I would have liked to have seen it(LOL).

Old 11-28-2007, 12:14 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

Basterds!! dont let them get to ya triton... there are always a couple "know it alls" around... I like your stories and find your info valuable so hey who cares what the others think

Old 11-28-2007, 12:19 PM
handymanherb
Banned

I blew four enginesone year racing at 3000. plus each as they came out of new motorcycles wreaked and even if you check them out you never know what the crash did, oh one I crashed myself in the Dwarf Car and that one made it 2 races after a 60 to 0 stop in a second against a concrete wall

RACE ON My good man

Quick Reply: a bit of a rant....