Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel
View Poll Results: A poll
Pay him and just count it as a lesson
4.76%
Tell him to kiss my.....
26.98%
Pay him but remind him what I saved him
23.81%
Tell him that he owes me for the 2 hours I spent fixing his mistake
31.75%
All of the above
12.70%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Everybody makes mistakes, but

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:07 AM
beachmstr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everybody makes mistakes, but

This guy sounds like an ***. I would pay him for the belt because you said you would. However, when I gave him the money I would let him know that it cost you $50 to save him $1900 plus his warranty.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:18 AM
sddunn2
Professional

Wow I really feel for ya !!!! It just seems like every time i go and do a favor for someone it always backfires !! I keep saying that i will not be the nice guy anymore but it is just in my nature .I say screw him but dont let it get to ya .You know what you did was the right thing to do and one day he will get what is coming to him !!! keep up the great work !!!
(I to am a service mgr so i really do feel for ya )

Old 12-01-2007, 12:20 AM
solarwarp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

ORIGINAL: solarwarp

I call it Teaxs Justice!!
What part of Texas are you from... over here we don't do something behindtheir back

Order 20 yards of Pea Gravel to be delivered to his front lawn.
I think you misunderstood what I said or maybe I am not understanding what you are saying.?!?!?!
I am on Parts/Service side , and I say ***** that ungratfull bastard and turn him in!!
What part of Texas are you from again? That's like turning him in to the teacher. Wait till after school and kick his ***. Get your revenge and get it over with... don't wait for satisfaction. That's Texas Justice!

Oh, the kinder/gentler generation. What's ever to come of Texas?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:20 AM
ga_noplugs

Well, the guy is an ungrateful jacka....

Personally, since you already said you would pay him, I would just wait till he came in to bring the flashlight. While I was handing him the fifty dollar bill I would be sure to mention how happy I was that I saved him $1900 on a new ECM and his trucks full warranty.

If he hands you back the 50 he's a good man.

If he keeps it, make a mental note to charge him full price for any future work or parts. ( and mention it to your buddy)

Of course, thats just my opinion.

Personally, I think your a saint and had it been my truck, I would have offered to buy you a case of beer for saving my a.. and warranty.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:26 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

What part of Texas are you from... over here we don't do something behindtheir back

I think you misunderstood what I said or maybe I am not understanding what you are saying.?!?!?!
I am on Parts/Service side , and I say ***** that ungratfull bastard and turn him in!!
What part of Texas are you from again? That's like turning him in to the teacher. Wait till after school and kick his ***. Get your revenge and get it over with... don't wait for satisfaction. That's Texas Justice!

LMAO, Ok I get it. I been drinking tonight and doing my best to keep up with all this [sm=boink3.gif]

Old 12-01-2007, 12:33 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Well try harder damn it hehehe have one for me brotha

Old 12-01-2007, 12:34 AM
solarwarp
Veteran

LMAO, Ok I get it. I been drinking tonight and doing my best to keep up with all this [sm=boink3.gif]
Finally GOD BLESS TEXAS!

So you've been drinking. That's good, you ought to be primed for a road trip to help our buddy out. Georgia's only a few hours away, get on I10 and head east. We'll find out where this guy lives and let you know.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:51 AM
jakebrake
Champion

You know what you did was the right thing to do and one day he will get what is coming to him !!! keep up the great work !!!
yeah karma's sucks lol. If he doesn't bring the flashlight, don't give him a dime. Without evidence who's to say he doesn't just want a new belt for free. Plus depending on what kinda flashlight it was, it could run in the hundreds to replace it.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

pay him in pennies... and hand all the info over to dodge on his mistake.treat others how you want to be treated... you treated him to a$1900 savings and he treats you like that... well contact dodge... what the *** should have done was to call you immediately and let you take care of it, maybe you could have got the belt at cost or something

Old 12-01-2007, 01:21 AM
mytowrig
Captain

i'm all for putting this guy in his place, but would dodge wonder why it took so long to receive the paperwork? might that have repercussions on you? i would have voted to pay him and remind him all the money you saved him, but laying guilt has no effect on somebody with no moral conscience... can he prove it was the flashlight?

Quick Reply: Everybody makes mistakes, but