Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

need help PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Sharkbait8181
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help PLEASE

Ok here we go.. I have a 00 Ram 5.9 diesel ext cab.. I pulled my radio out today and tried to install a jensen indash tv/dvd.. I wired in the new harness.. figured out a ground. got it all back together and turned it on.. everything was looking great untill i turned up the volume, nothing no sound.... Now i left the little white plug alone ( i think its for the airbags, not sure) I tried messing with the speaker wires. I undid the speaker harness, undid the 2 green wires. and started going from one slot to the next.. Now when i plug the solide green wire into the ant. slot all my front speakers work.. At this point i thought i was going to be smart for now. and just leave it like that, so i at least had some sound in the truck. I taped the wire into the slot. and everytime i try to put everything back into the dash it just stops working. ( the sound i mean)........... Does any one have ANY ideas?? do i have to bypass the steering wheel controls some how. or should it just work??? Please let me know your thoughts

Old 12-03-2007, 11:52 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker
Default RE: need help PLEASE

once I installed one and couldn't get sound, Checked it ove and over again ended up being a bad cd player.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i cant help ya with the problem but i can tell ya that your name sharkbait will work against you if you ever meet our forum mascot sharx

and welcome aboard, im sure someone here knows whats goin on with your radio!

Old 12-03-2007, 11:58 PM
mytowrig
Captain

the one i had in another vehicle required it to be run through an external amp. there might be a second ground as well (meant for the parking brake or something to make sure the vehicle is in park for it to work)

Old 12-04-2007, 12:05 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Just out of curiousity...would you like to send your mug shot now or wait until I get it later, the choice is yours but most give it up willingly and with a screen name like Sharkbait...well I cant resist, you might as well give it up willingly

Welcome to the forum [8D]

Old 12-04-2007, 12:10 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

Welcome to the DF man...if you have not figured out yet...we have lots of folks willing to help ya in any way they can...but you gotta deal w/the rest of the team. Please forgive them...really they are nice guys (mental and in desprate need of medical help but nice )

You might want to take and make this post in the AV section also. The wire snippers all play down there.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Do you have the premium sound system? If so you need to wire the preamp output wire from the new radio to the 22 gauge LG wire (antenna output circuit on the stock radio)

Old 12-04-2007, 12:46 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Hey now hehehe

Old 12-04-2007, 01:07 AM
6inarow
Professional

I installed the exact same unit in my 97, do yourself a huge favor and buy the wiring harness install kit, it will make your job so much easier and safer, if thats not an option i can pull mine out and take pics of the wires, ours should be the same, mine will be minus the control wires from the steering wheel. awesome head unit tho, my kids love it! btw welcome!

Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 AM
sharx ram
Champion

sharkbait...come out ...come out...where ever you are...hehehe