Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT - But maybe someone has seen something like this

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:38 PM
chukar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT - But maybe someone has seen something like this

Guys and Gal,

We currently have a litter of puppies we have advertised for sale in the local paper. I have received a bunch of calls, but none like the two I received tonight. They were "Relay" calls, which I just assumed was from a hearing impaired person. The first one went alright and they asked that I send them an email. Again I assumed that was because it would be an easier means of communication for them. So off the email went....

This was the response:
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your response,

I am located in New York presently,but will be relocating to my new house in the United Kingdom where i will need the (Springer Spaniel Puppies) .

I will instruct a client of mine to make out payment for the (Springer Spaniel Puppies') with a money order or cashier check.

I also want to let you know that i will be responsible for the transportation of the (Springer Spaniel Puppies) from your location down to my own delivery destination,you dont have to worry about the transportation i have a shipping agency that will take care of the transportation.

I want you to know that the money order or cashier check that will be made out for payment will be in EXCESS funds,it will EXCEED the amount of the purchased item,the EXCESS funds will be transferred to my shipping agency through western union money transfer or money gramm money transfer for them to able to arrange documents necessary and also come over for pick up at your location,after you have received payment,taken it to your bank to deposit to clear or have it cashed.

I will need the following information for payment to be issued out by my client.

NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
PHONE NUMBERS:HOME AND CELL PHONE:
E MAIL ADDRESS:
ASKING PRICE:

Agreement to reserve the sale for me and also transfer the excess funds to my shipper through western union money transfer or money gramm after you have received payment,taken it to your bank to cash or deposit to clear.

I hope you understand the payment and shipping arrangements.As soon as the details requested for is made available,i will forward it to my client to have payment effected asap.

I will compensate you with $50 for reserving sale.

Best Regards

mosh cole

BTW, the email address I got from the second "Relay" call had been terminated by the host.

So, I guess my question/warning to the folks here is; has anyone ever received anything like this. I am confident that it is some sort of scam.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 12-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: OT - But maybe someone has seen something like this

looks like scam to me. you can usually send the ifo to your states attorney generals office for follow up.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:48 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

BS scam... i have seen a ton of stuff like this... .dont bother

Old 12-05-2007, 11:51 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Run like the wind, you need to be listening to talk radio,this is on Active Mind Radio or AM in most areas,
you would have knownabout this type of scam 2 years ago, but at lease you asked first.

You cash the check and send the money on like they said and then 2 weeks later your banks is back to tell you the check was no good, we want our money back.

So you lose your money and what ever your selling too!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 AM
chukar
Rookie

I thought scam from the instant I saw this message, and actually intended on deleting it from the email account.

Not sure what Active Mind Radio is, but we do get one AM station here in the desert.

Maybe my original post should have been; How many people do you think buy into this crap.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Luongo#1

It is totally a scam. My brother had the exact same thing when he tried to sell his dirtbike. The guy sent him a totally fake looking cheque for $3000 above the asking price and wanted my brother to give the guy who was picking up the dirtbike the extra money. My brother gave the check to the local RCMP and they tried to follow up on it but there wasn't much they could do.

Obviously a lot of people must fall for these scams if people keep trying them.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:18 AM
finny
All Star

luongo#1 you live in vancouver?

Old 12-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Luongo#1

About an hour outside of vancouver.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

I would never sell anything ALIVElike a dog to anyone who couldn't come pick them up, and as he said Item in one paragragh of that book he wrote you seems like hes got a cut and paste for w/e he's "buying" def. scam.

Personally I'd never sell a dog to someone I didn't meet first anyways, long time ago we sold a good bird dog to someone and it showed up on our front yardover aYEARlater still had our tags and the same collar on it, the dog was bruised and cut up with several scars you could see through the short hair where it wouldn't grow back! You could tell someone abused her, she was skinny, we gave her to a friend of my dads that we knew would treat her right and she's still huntin good slowin w/age a lil

Old 12-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SCAM!!!