Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

needing to vent

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007 | 10:11 PM
stewtina
|
Veteran
Default needing to vent

I would like to know what comes over people who feel they have the right to take something that does not belong to them!!!!!!!!

Today i went to the store to get a couple gallons of gas (for my log splitter its cold) and a coke, i tried to use my credit/debit card for 5.00 (no cash on me i just woke up im on nights) it was declined. I contacted my wife and she got on the computer to find we had no money in the account and were overdrawn. I don't use atm's, i don't even know my pin number. My wife has been at home dealing with a daughter (14 months old) who was sick i've been sleeping during the day and working at night, so neither has used card. We find out someone hassomehow got into our account and took 300 dollars andnow overdraft charges on top of that. (bank closed at noon and it was 1600 hrs.)I know this is the Christmas season and all but i really hope i bought some one some really nice Christmas gifts. I am the type of person that will help people if i can when asked but don't take stuff from me.

I really cant say on computer what i would like to do those people but we all have some ideas.

Thanks for letting me ventandeveryone have a blessed and Merry Christmas

Old 12-15-2007 | 11:48 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Default RE: needing to vent

Man , I feel your pain. My stepson stole my credit card and maxed it out..He is currently looking for a new place to live....

Old 12-16-2007 | 12:17 AM
stewtina
|
Veteran

wish it was my stepson luckily i dont have one of those. it sure is aggravating. where is bremen we may move to knoxville and may need a good dealership

Old 12-16-2007 | 12:25 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

man that sucks... any way of figuring out when, how & who is responsible?

Old 12-16-2007 | 12:41 AM
mytowrig
Captain

i've had somethign like that happen to me before. last year someone got ahold of my paypal account and was buying stuff on ebay and other places. luckily the people were stupid enough to use their own shipping address so they of course were caught. really pisses you off though when you get online and say "what the heck@ i didnt buy that!" hope everything works out for you so you can have a merry christmas. let us know how it turns out

Old 12-16-2007 | 12:44 AM
Drew
Professional

it can be hard to find these people. . .and even when they are found the damage is already done and your credit is in the toilet circling the bowl.

I do feel for ya seeing the time of the year. . .#1. people get rather greedy right now, #2, those that are doing the right thing are ripe for the picking by #1.

Old 12-16-2007 | 12:45 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

thinking about it... it makes my CFL bulb theft from the front of the house seem pretty petty. some a-hole stole a bulb from in front of our house. this is the 2nd time I've had a bulb stolen. [:@] it's not the cost of it, it's the principal...

Old 12-16-2007 | 12:45 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

HAVE YA CALLED THE 800 ON THE BACK OF THE CARD

TO REPORT THE PROBLEM???

Old 12-16-2007 | 09:46 AM
solarwarp
Veteran

I had a someone use my Visa like this just last year. I don't remember all of the amounts, but it was $ 2k-3k.They used it 3 times, first at a gas station; they filled with $75.00 worth of fuel.Hum, with that much fuel, the SOBmust drive adiesel. Then they went to the grocery store and spent a couple hundred; then to Fries Electronics and this where they bought the big items a computer system or flat screen tv or something expensive.

I didn't notice it until I got the bill. I called the 800 number reported it. They closed that card account and opened a new account immediately, then sent the new card. After you call to report it, you have to write a letter stating the fraudulant charges.

These purchases were made in Houston, I hadn't been within 100 miles of Houston inlong time. The amount stayed on my bill as being in "Dispute" for a few months while they investigated it. Eventually, the disputed amounts were dropped off my bill. They didn't ever tell me if they caught the person or the outcome of anything.

I really felt kind of violated that someone would have stolen from me and defenseless. (My money was in the hands of others and at the mercy of some admin clerkon the phonein Alabama.)

I knew that I didn't make those charges, but didn't have any way to find out who did. Each month that I got my statement and saw the disputed amount, I became a little bit more furious and worried. (What if they couldn't figure out who charged those amounts? Would they have made me pay anyway?) (The card never left my pocket.)

Old 12-16-2007 | 03:31 PM
behindbars

ORIGINAL: Parts/Service

Man , I feel your pain. My stepson stole my credit card and maxed it out..He is currently looking for a new place to live....
I know this guy...for like maybe a fullbillet tranny...he could find him a place to live.

Quick Reply: needing to vent