Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

put her to work this weekend (11" snowfall)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:43 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default put her to work this weekend (11" snowfall)

saturday night thru sunday mid afternoon we got about 11 inchs of snow[:'(] but this is my second time plowing this year so it was exciting! i was alone in the truck so my pictures kinda stayed at a minimum and my video kinda sucks but i can swear to you that there is nothing better than a cummins to push alot of snow very fast!

im not sure who read my thread a while back about my exhaust falling apart from me clamping it....well i told myself last time it came un-done that i had to get it welded. well i dident and i was out yesterday and she gave way again but this time it fell completly off and it was a busy road but slow traffic because of the snow. so i looked back and seen it on the road about 20 cars back and had to start running so all day plowing yesterday i was running straight pipes but my exhaust set up is short so alls i had running was a down pipe and thats it. (SOOOOOOOO LOUDDD) i turned so many heads and stoped so many people from doing what they were doing as i was pushing snow, it was kinda funny! but other than that,my brake light (abs) coming on and getting close to 9 mpg plowing because of exhaust everything was alot of fun!

Name:  other064.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  96.4 KB
Name:  other063.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  52.8 KB

(video is kind of stupid because i had to rig it up on the ground and get out of the truck to get the camera but since i got it heres the link...)

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=other065.flv

Old 12-17-2007, 05:59 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Default RE: put her to work this weekend (11" snowfall)

that is sweet man! good pics!

Old 12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

Your truck sounds good ...

Had you left your camera around here for 30 seconds, it would have dissapeared.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

great job!!!

that snow looked a bit "shallow" for a plow

Old 12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

I am definately dropping my muffler.......not sure about the cat yet.....but the muffler had DEFINATELY GOT TO GO. I love that sound. I have a friend who's brother has a 2nd gen with straight pipes and I am supprised at how close it sounds to a 3rd gen. I LOVE IT!!!!!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-17-2007, 06:52 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ill get a sound clip for you guys with the straight pipes i have now being that i have not fixed the muffler situation. i had straight pipes that went out the back like stock a while back but what i have now is straight pipe that stops after the down pipe..... LOUDEST truck on the road, its louder than the older dodges, louder than ford and i could say chevy but chevys diesel sounds like a damn neon. ill have to take a picture and make a sound clip out of it, but even if i do that it will not do any justice for how loud it actually it.

whats cool about it is the turbo sound.... for some reason it sounds diffrent then when i had straight pipes back a while ago.... maybe the extra 10 feet of whatever of 4" pipe still muffles sound?!?! but when i let off the little pedal you here the turbo wind down like a semi.... ive never heard any pick up make a sound like it!

Old 12-17-2007, 06:53 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

great job!!!

this was a picture taken after i was done, and that was the first night so we only got about 3-4 inchs. it was hard plowing knowing that right after a street was clean it was ready to be plowed again but the way that street was set up... i get paid for every time i went out to it so the more times the greenier

Old 12-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

great job!!!

this was a picture taken after i was done, and that was the first night so we only got about 3-4 inchs. it was hard plowing knowing that right after a street was clean it was ready to be plowed again but the way that street was set up... i get paid for every time i went out to it so the more times the greenier
you know I was razzin you !!!

Old 12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
ZmanTRX4
Professional

11 inches wow, we only got around 4" here but i'm the same as you I get paid everytime I plow regardless if it just covers the street up again. I wish I had the luxury of plowing in my CTD though, I do it on my skid loader and it was so cold. I thought I was gonna get frost bite. That's an awsome set up you got there though!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:40 PM
02cummins
Captain

yea you guys gotta hear mine : )

[IMG]local://upfiles/63862/C3E5851FA8404A3F92C44365F9C666E2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/63862/08C4F04E64A34C32987528D245E27F03.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: put her to work this weekend (11" snowfall)