Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

which fuel system to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008 | 01:35 AM
justviper1
|
Veteran
Default which fuel system to choose?

i am looking at upgrading my lift pump on my 01 since i am planning on soon ordering the quadzilla adrenaline. currently my pump is stock and a guy at discount power parts (where i get my performance parts) said for me to put in a 150 gph FASS pump. he quoted me at around $635 for the system. i was looking online and found an AirDog FP150 for $499. i was wondering which pump you guys thought was better.
AirDog Pump
http://www.dieseldistributorsusa.com...tCode=FP150D24
FASS Pump
http://discountpowerparts.com/catalo...oducts_id=2194
thanks in advancedfor any help

Old 01-03-2008 | 08:11 AM
behindbars
Default RE: which fuel system to choose?

FASS and AirDog were kinda like a Dr Phil show. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe FASS was the original and a family member (maybe the son) took the idea because of some disagreement and started AirDog. They changed the AirDog just enough to avoid copyright infringement but it's basically the same thing. Alot of people are going with the AirDogs nowadays because of the cost savings. Ask this question a year ago and everyone used the FASS.

Old 01-03-2008 | 09:57 PM
justviper1
|
Veteran

i kinda heard that story about fass and airdog before. i just wasn't sure if one was more reliable than the other or a better kit and easier to install.

Old 01-04-2008 | 11:52 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I think it was the other way around. I think the dad took the sons idea.

Anyway, if your truck is pretty much a stock truck you'd be better off with the 95gph FASS rather than the 150gph. I have the FASS and I love it. If it died tomorrow, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. The FASS people have done their homework, and their customer support is awesome.

When you get a chance, check out this video:

http://www.fassride.com/fass-brands-video.html

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Old 01-05-2008 | 02:00 AM
justviper1
|
Veteran

the truck is stock for now but hopefully once i get the new pump in then i can put the adrenaline on it! the only reason that i was looking at airdog was the price. i talked to a performance shop today and they said that they really didn't see any major differences between the two pumps. just wondering if anyone has the airdog and what they think of it.

Old 01-05-2008 | 03:45 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

I've got an AirDog100 working on the install now. Bracket that came with the kit needs some modifying. I spent a lot of time looking at things today. Cut it apart tacked it together.Test fit. No go. Have to try something different tomorrow already know what I'm gonna do just need daylight and warmer temps. The newer FASS pumps are supposed to be quiet a common complaint used to be they were noisy. AirDogs are supposed to be quiet. We'll see. One's probably as good as the other when you get down to it.

Old 01-06-2008 | 02:09 AM
justviper1
|
Veteran

dieseljunky you will have to let me know how well the airdog works once you get it in. keep me posted.

Old 01-14-2008 | 09:34 PM
Horseman
Rookie

The company I bought the Airdog system from, (they sell both airdog and FSS) told me the dad owns the patents, said both are good systems but he thought the Airdog had a little better motor, and being on sale at 499, normal price over 700, that it was a better deal. Made sense to me.

Old 01-15-2008 | 10:21 AM
justviper1
|
Veteran

thanks i just ordered the AirDog 150gph hopefully i can get a good deal on the adrenaline and then i will have some power. i figure it will be around 600 hp!

Old 01-15-2008 | 10:51 AM
Super Dave
Veteran

They are pretty much identical. The AirDog is physically a little smaller with smaller filters (3 micron fleetguard).

I got the AD100 because of the sale price. The other reason I got it was with all the research I did looking into this, I never heard anyone that had anything negativeto say about it. I am very impressed with the quality of the AirDog and associated hardware.
The only sort of negative thing I have heard about it is exactly what DiEseLjunKy said about the bracket.

Quick Reply: which fuel system to choose?