Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Picked up a new trailer !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picked up a new trailer !!

That's a nice looking one.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
gregj3
Amateur

ORIGINAL: solarwarp

Looks like a fine rig... What does it have on the insides? Does it have a garage?

Do yourself a favor and check the wheel bearings and brakes before you get too far from home.
Cool Camper!

I use "Bearing Buddies" on my trailer.

Pack 'em full of grease and go. They're a bit messy at times, but you will have the piece of mind that your not going to blow a bearing and get stuck. That may be over kill for most, but then again - I tend to pull my rig thru anything...and have to replace the external plumbing at least once a season due to being broken off!!! LOL!!! Does anyone know if you can "flip" the axels on a trailer from being UNDER the springs to being ON TOP of the springs? I gotta get me some more clearance - or a new rig. I'm getting way to good at working on my trailer's waste tanks & valves.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:46 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

mayfair where did you buy that trailer it looks like the one my dads friend was selling?? lol but hey it looks nice!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:56 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

nice set up there mayfair! being that we are both on the north side whos going to pick up who? and when are we gonna head south to the keys

Old 01-11-2008, 01:16 PM
dasnake
Veteran

congrats, we're right behind you, just sold the house, got the air bags in, get my gears swapped, and going to start looking for a fiver, enjoy.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 PM
chouseal
Veteran

Fancy or not, that's a nice rig. 24' is nothing to sneeze at, and yours looks to be in good shape. Have fun!

Old 01-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Bigriver
Does this me you and the lady friend are going to become "snowbirds"? If ya'll end up coming to the deep south, let us all know, maybe have a gathering.
Man I would love to hook up and do some camping down there with you guy's, but unfortunately I only get 2 weeks off a year and I tend to be a bit selfish with them.I usually spend one on my own and take a bike trip usually to the Keys, and the other if I don't take another bike trip I'll break it up and take a bunch of 3 day weekends. Sucks. I can't wait to retire. This work thing is KILLIN my social life.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:12 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I usually spend one on my own and take a bike trip usually to the Keys

lol, you have been making the ride alone all these years?!?! its not because i have a hardly a'davison is it?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: burban2002

Do you have any pics of the inside?
Here ya go. Keep in mind that I had JUST picked it up, so it's not cleaned up yet.

Buzzy - The whte stripes are actually the straps from the towing mirrors. they lok hokey, but they work. Cowboybob mentioned a set he uses from Campingworld. Hopefully he'll chime in and shed some more light on them for me. The look a little nicer.

I actually picked the trailer up the day before New Years, that's why the wreath is still on my truck. It's off now. I took down all of my decorations new years day including the wreath.

Nick - YOU still owe me a trip to the Key's, don't think for a SECOND I forgot about that !!

59 - I bought it from a guy in Croydon

Greg - Yeah, I don't think it has bearing buddies. I just picked it up and towed it down to my parents in Maryland for the winter. I'll look into it in the spring

KenZ - Yep, as yo can see it's a bunkhouse. My ladyfriend has a few RATS that travel with us. I used to put up tents for them, but it get's old doing it every weekend with no help ( they tend to dissapear to the pool when it's work time ) They also had a tendency to sneak into my other trailer in the middle of the night. RATS !!!!

Aero - I've been to a bunch of campgrounds, but for some reason I always find myself going back to the Yogi Bear campgrounds. They always have stuff to do and they are very well kept. I plan on taking it from my parents house in the spring and taking it to a Yogi not too far from my house and leaving it there for the summer ( cause I don't have a place for it at my house ) I'll tow it from there to other campgrounds throughout the summer if we don't just stay at that one.

Somebody else asked me how much it cost me. I spent 5K on it. So far I spent another 200 to replace all of the tires as they looked like originals. The guy threw EVERYTHING in as they were done camping. It came with all of the dishes, pots pans, flashlights, walkies, tools, a brand new battery, new can of roof paint, you name it. I have no idea what blue book is on it, but I'm happy with it. It is paid in full which will make useing it much more enjoyable.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I usually spend one on my own and take a bike trip usually to the Keys

lol, you have been making the ride alone all these years?!?! its not because i have a hardly a'davison is it?
LOL !!

You WISH you had one Ponch !!

I usually take the trip with one or two friends. I need my wingmen you know !!

Quick Reply: Picked up a new trailer !!