Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Picked up a new trailer !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:30 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picked up a new trailer !!

nvm lol looks sick have fun with it!

Old 01-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Thanks

My first plan of attack is to redo the entire floor with something like a Pergo. Have any of you done this?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:41 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

sweet! looks plenty roomy enough.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

that is one nice trailer there mayfair, its got everything you could want while camping and 25', thats a nice size! we use to have a 21' or 22' and sometimes we fit up to 10 people and a dog inside of it being i got 2 brothers and we always brought friends. ill bet its sure going to beat the hell out of your other trailer but one question...... wheres the bike going to fit, i remember seeing your bike next to your bed in the old trailer[sm=confused06.gif]

and as far as the whole wingman thing goes on your rides.....

Name:  wingman.gif
Views: 49
Size:  13.0 KB

you should try it sometime hehe...

Old 01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: Bigriver
Does this me you and the lady friend are going to become "snowbirds"? If ya'll end up coming to the deep south, let us all know, maybe have a gathering.
Man I would love to hook up and do some camping down there with you guy's, but unfortunately I only get 2 weeks off a year and I tend to be a bit selfish with them.I usually spend one on my own and take a bike trip usually to the Keys, and the other if I don't take another bike trip I'll break it up and take a bunch of 3 day weekends. Sucks. I can't wait to retire. This work thing is KILLIN my social life.

Dude, it's be great tomeet up with some of the folks here at a Jamboree. In 3 weeks tommorrow, I'm hooking up to the 5'ver for a 9 day trip to Disney. The kids are off for Mardi Gras, so we're evacuating from the crazies down here! Hurricanes and Mardi Gras........all the same, time to get the hell out of town!

How about Easter, any chance then? Again, they're off a week and we'll likely head to somewhere around the Tenn., Georgia, Carolina area.

I haven't taken the 5'ver out since the trip to Yellowstone last summer. Looking forward to getting on the road again. This morning I just finished up installing new Bilstein shocks, and Pacbrake Airbags. Courious to see how the ride is affected. Also, I put new Michelins on the truck. I've been waiting on ronsrims.com to come thru with some new Weld Racing 19.5's, but he keeps pushing the delivery date further back. I'll still get them when they're available, I just couldn't wait on him any longer. Last week I had a blow out, and with 49,000 miles on the original tires, I had to get something to carry the family safely.

Again, congradson the new mobile-crib. Are ya going to try triple towing your other trailer with ya? Carry the bike, then stash the rug rats in the other trailer so you can honeymoon!!

Old 01-11-2008, 03:07 PM
cujo
Captain

Thanks

My first plan of attack is to redo the entire floor with something like a Pergo. Have any of you done this?
Did Pergo in my kitchen and foyer. Get the glueless snap together stuff, goes down in no time. Damn stuff is almost indestructable. The older pergo kind of looked fake and cheesy, the new stuff looks just like hardwood or ceramic tile.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I don't think I'll be ready for any long trips as early as Easter. I'd like to get a couple of local trips under my belt first until I get a better feel for how things work. I also want to rip out the carpet in the bedroom, it looks pretty shabby. That's why I'm thinking about doing the entire floor in something like Pergo. Nice, easy to clean, and seems to hold up pretty good.

I have zero experience with triple towing. I didn't even know it was legal. I don't think I'd have the balz or teh skilz necessary to even attempt to triple tow through the city.

I would like to hook up sometime in the not too distant future though. I'd like to get a better look at my future truck up close and personal.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: cujo

Thanks

Did Pergo in my kitchen and foyer. Get the glueless snap together stuff, goes down in no time. Damn stuff is almost indestructable. The older pergo kind of looked fake and cheesy, the new stuff looks just like hardwood or ceramic tile.
Yeah, I actually did Pergo in my bathroom a couple of years ago. That's why I was considering useing it in the trailer. I was wondering though how it help up in a trailer with the temp changes and all.

Is it all the same? I've seen stuff at Lowes that goes anywhere from 1.99 a square foot all the way up to 4+ dollars a square. They all snap togethere one way or another.Is there really any difference?

Old 01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Personally, I would be skeptical about putting a floating floor in a camper. Second, there is a HUGE difference between the grades of laminate flooring. The cheaper stuff you can get for .70-1.00 a square foot is alright for bedrooms, but is not the best quality. Once you start moving up, you will get into the water resistant stuff, which is what you would want in there. If you do end up doing it, get a mid grade water resistant laminate, and GLUE the seams, even if it says not to or it is not required. It seals out the water completely, then you do not have to worry about a little puddle sitting on your floor.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:37 PM
cujo
Captain

ORIGINAL: cujo

Thanks

Yeah, I actually did Pergo in my bathroom a couple of years ago. That's why I was considering useing it in the trailer. I was wondering though how it help up in a trailer with the temp changes and all.

Is it all the same? I've seen stuff at Lowes that goes anywhere from 1.99 a square foot all the way up to 4+ dollars a square. They all snap togethere one way or another.Is there really any difference?
Cost depends on the brand and grade/thickness. Used to be it was only Pergo, now Armstrong, DuPont, and others have the same type of floor. No more area than what's in that trailer, it shouldn't be that much of a cost either way, think I would get the higher grade for the exposure. On the thickness just be careful at the doors, especially the entry door. Make sure the door clears the added height when you open it.

Quick Reply: Picked up a new trailer !!