Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New guy, needs some help please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy, needs some help please!

$1,100.00 for some routine maintenance? Why don't youbring it on into MY shop ??

Old 01-17-2008, 07:43 PM
behindbars

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

$1,100.00 for some routine maintenance? Why don't youbring it on into MY shop ??

Where the Hell is CowboyBob?[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif] He'd love this dealership kool-aid story.[sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I have been doing this for a long, long time and I just gotta ask.... What the f is a brake flush. Is that like blinker fliud or muffler bearings. Dang, I might have just found a new service that I didn't know that these trucks needed. How do dealers sell this with a straight face....?

Old 01-17-2008, 10:55 PM
JR 06
Professional

Holy hell, sounds like they need some new Cummins techs at that dealership. I mean how on earth do you confuse no compression with a bad injector? the problems and symptoms aren't similar in any way. man I would seriously find you another dealership as that one either isn't honest about what they are doing, or they don't know what they are doing.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Parts/Service

Ok, I have been doing this for a long, long time and I just gotta ask.... What the f is a brake flush. Is that like blinker fliud or muffler bearings. Dang, I might have just found a new service that I didn't know that these trucks needed. How do dealers sell this with a straight face....?
I believe that means they will take the old brake fluid and bleed it out, then put in new fluid, but, if I remember correctly, the CTD's do not have a conventional braking system, it is combined with the power steering, correct??

Old 01-17-2008, 11:45 PM
JR 06
Professional

It more than likely uses the power steering pump to help with braking, since you can't use a vacuum booster on a diesel, Hydro-boost I believe the system is called. But the brake fluid and power steering fluid are separate.