Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Diesel Man
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Having a ccw is not a bad idea, my wife was always agains guns until an incident happend and she thanked god I had my weapon on me. By the way I do have a license to carry.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:08 PM
BadRam1
Veteran

I want a concealed carry permit. I could never shoot anyone, but I'd still like a gun for an immitation factor.

Personally, I would have slowed down and not let him pass. At a stop, when he exited the car providing he didnt have a gun, I'd put the truck in reverse. Once I crunchedhis front end a bit, I'd putit in drive and pull a massive burnout in his face. Ok, well maybe not the backing up part, but I would do the burnout. If he started chasing me again, I'd report him for agressive driving or simply drive to a police station.

I've never had anything like that happen to me before, but I have ran people off the road.

This reminds me of that video of the 2 guys in the Tundra chasing the BMW Z4 and when they corner him and take out a baseball bat,the Bimmer driverpulls a gun on then and takes their camera and keys

Glad to hear your insident didnt erupt into anything terribly serious

Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 PM
handymanherb
Banned

I expect that out of a GASSER, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, now if you were the one behind with someone blocking you for no good reason, how would that work for you.

Just like in the Bible, do un to others as you would have them do un to you, you want to play games, sit in front of the TV,leave the games at the house.

If I doing 150 MPH and you come on me I'm going to get out of the way

Old 01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BadRam1

I want a concealed carry permit. I could never shoot anyone, but I'd still like a gun for an immitation factor.
Then you have no business carrying. I'm sorry don't mean to sound like a **** or anything BUT...every morning when I holster up I say two prayers...Lord don't let me need this & Lord let them know I will pull the trigger.

A Gun is not an tool of intimidation....it is a tool to end a life. Period.

If you can't shoot don't carry. If you have to think about shooting don't carry. If you have to worry about shooting don't carry.

Go to the range. Take lessons. Do classes. Put tons of rounds down range. Once you don't have to worry about "if" but "when" you pull the trigger then think about getting a permit.

I have stayed out of this thread for days and days now. I'm a women. What guy really wants to take advice about guns from a woman right

But guys if you want to know scared...if you want to know the gut wrenching 'what is he about to do' feeling talk to your wives. Ask them what they do when they walk out of a dark office building to their car? Watch em! I carry; but my boss says I can't bring it in the building. So I have a couple hundred foot walk w/ out it. My keys are in my hand at all times. Did you realize that the Dodge key fits really well with the key part sticking out the bottom of your hand ready for a stabbing motion? Oh and btw...I work in the office directly across the street from the police station. Is anything bad ever going to happen to me...probably not. But I still have to think about it ever time I step out.

Now the important part.....does carrying take any of that away??? NO it doesn't. Having the pistol on your hip is not going to make you feel any better. Are you going to feel stronger or smarter or calmer because you are carrying? No your not.

It is just a tool. It is just something to help you deal with a situation.

If I hit a nerve....if I ruffled a feather take a minute and think about it? I wasn't ready to carry for years & I grew up with guns. I was in the Army for 3 years. I had done classes. I had shot round down range. I still wasn't ready. I finally got my head around it; if I put this pistol on I will HAVE to be able to pull the trigger and KILL someone. Until I was there mentally I was more of a danger to myself, my family, and everyone with in bullet range of me with it than with out it.

And now I'm going to go read my son a bed time story and tuck him in....you know all those girly things I should be doing

Old 01-22-2008, 11:35 PM
speakle
All Star

Very, very, well said frogger.
(Edited for purpose of preserving peace)
BadRam1, you should consider the things you say and how other people may read them.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 AM
BadRam1
Veteran

What I meant to say was that I'd probably never use it and if I did, I deffinately wouldnt shootto kill. If my own well being or the safety of a loved one was at risk, I'd have no problem shooting.In that sort of situation, I'dbe fine with shooting to disarm.If I were in the road rage situationof the OP, there would be no reason to shoot. The person was just a lunatic who got out of the car and tried to start some s**t. I would assume thatrevealing a gun to said lunatic would signify that I'm not the person to be f'd with and would thus get him to leave me alone. If someone came after me with a knife or a baseball bat and I pulled outa gun, I think there would be a good chance thathe would ceasehis attack and a potentially violent situation could be avioded. Ifhe still came at me, I could aways pistol whiphis @$$.

If you saw the Death Proof segment of Grindhouse, I'd carry for the "just in case" factor.When some crazy guy in a Charger come chasing me down, I'd pop him in the clavicle and procede to beat the living crap out of him.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:23 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

nicely put frogGer!

Old 01-23-2008, 12:44 AM
BadRam1
Veteran

ORIGINAL: handymanherb

I expect that out of a GASSER, GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, now if you were the one behind with someone blocking you for no good reason, how would that work for you.

Just like in the Bible, do un to others as you would have them do un to you, you want to play games, sit in front of the TV,leave the games at the house.

If I doing 150 MPH and you come on me I'm going to get out of the way

Frankly, I dont care if someones a road hog. I just turn on my music and enjoy the ride. I get mad when people ride my bumper for 2 reasons 1) I'm going at least 5 over the limit, usually more so theres really no point of pushing the pace anymore and. 2) I dont trust anyone behind me. If I slow down I not only get to annoy the jerk behind me, but also reduce the chances of getting rear ended in an emergency stop situation. When I said I ran people off the road, its because theres cars in front and behind me and some idiot is trying to squeeze inbetween me and the car in front from the turning lane. That really bothers me especially since I have the right of way.
As for the intimidation thing: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lh_gL7Az53o
Watch at 4:30 For all we know, that could be a fake gun butreal or fake, loaded or not, itsure did prevent those rednecks from doing anything and nobody was hurt nor was anything damaged.

*There is quite a bit of foul language in the video clip so keep in mind your surrounding when watching it. I'd be surprised ify'all haven't seen it before anyway

Old 01-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Mayfair
Legend

That video is WILD !! I've never seen that before, but it sure seemed pretty obvious to me that the b'mer guy knew what he was doing when he turned down that road.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:07 AM
02cummins
Captain

s ****in great, those guys deserved that and more...i dont care what anyone says, i think i wouldve acted a little crazier with that gun in my hand, i would have wanted them to cry for the way they treated me and my gf

Quick Reply: I wish I had a concealed carry permit