Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 AM
handymanherb
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wish I had a concealed carry permit

So how far did you have to walk badram LOL

If you don't care about a roadhog it's because your the one doing it ost of the times, your not a cop, cops drive way faster .

Like I said before if I'm doing 150 MPH and you want by me, no problem I'll slide over and let you go, not trying to pretent I got a little power by blocking the road.

That the trouble we have to many people playing games on the road, dam it's bad enough thatmost women can't drive without a cell stuck to their ear, but then you want to play blocking games while searching to see if you have a ***** yet.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
BadRam1
Veteran

1) The only time I follow anyone is when they're in an amazing sounding car or a rare car. I'd never leave my truck unless I was in a situation where I was cornered in. I'd never pull a weapon on anyone unless they prove to be an absolute threat to me. When someone pisses me off on the road, they get the horn and the NJ State Bird and thats the end of it.

2) I know I'm not a cop but that doesnt stop me from speeding. If theres no one in front, I ain't gunna drive 45 in a 45. I cruise 5 - 15 over depending on the road and my familiarity with it. In NJ, 65 means 80 anyway.

3) So yeah, I always speed and when someone rides my bumper, either A) I'm behind someone going the limit or B) theres some stupid ricer who thinks my 5-15 over isnt enough so the hell with them. I'll do as I damn well please

Old 01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
chouseal
Veteran

Very well said, Frogger. I wholeheartedly agree. I say essentially the same prayer every time I holster up, which is most anytime I leave the house unless I'm specifically headed somewhere where carrying is not permitted.

What I meant to say was that I'd probably never use it and if I did, I deffinately wouldnt shoot to kill. If my own well being or the safety of a loved one was at risk, I'd have no problem shooting. In that sort of situation, I'd be fine with shooting to disarm.
When some crazy guy in a Charger come chasing me down, I'd pop him in the clavicle and procede to beat the living crap out of him.
I'll do as I damn well please
BadRam, without all of us piling up on you (we're doing it for your own good, even if you don't think so at the moment)... you really do need to think through what you're saying. That you would shoot to disarm or simply disable someone before you "beat the living crap" out of them shows that you have NO idea what you're saying from either a moral or legal standpoint.

If/when a situation rises to the point where you genuinely fear for your own life (or that of someone in your immediate vicinity), then and only then are you permitted to shoot—and shoot to make the threat cease. The legal meaning of that last phrase varies from State to State, and you better be sure you understand it. If you are merely drawing your weapon—much less actually pulling the trigger—just to make a point, to scare someone off, or for any other reason... or if you are the one who elevated the situation to that point... YOU have become the perp in the eyes of the law.

Please, please... for your OWN sake as well as ours... please do NOT even think of applying for a permit or carrying a weapon until you fully and completely understand these issues. They're not trivial.

Personally, I view the Second Amendment as a "carry permit" for all law-abiding citizens, period. That being said, I also have a handgun carry permit for Tennessee. But regardless of your stance on your right to carry a weapon, you have no business doing so unless and until you fully accept the accompanying responsibility. There is no substitute for (or excuse for a lack of) training and experience.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Dude that sig pic is AWESOME !!!

Old 01-23-2008, 03:36 PM
BadRam1
Veteran

chouseal, have you ever seen the movie I refrenced? Different situations call for different actions. In the movie, after being shot, Stuntman Mike got in his car and sped away.I dunno about you, but if I were in that situation, I'd do everything in my power to keep him there, at the scene until the cops came.

If the person didn't attempt to run, and was no longer a threat, I'd apply 1st aid as I am certified to do so. The important thing is that the he is injured, not dead.

As I said before, the only time I would even pull out my firearm would be if I were approached with a weapon first (like the BMW driver in the video). I believe that would be considered self-defence in the eyes of the law. I'm not a violent type but I value my life too much to lose it to an insecure lunatic and would thus take appropriate action to ensure that would never happen.

Mayfair, thanks for the comment on the sig. I did that burnout over a year ago and it is still partially visable

Old 01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
chouseal
Veteran

BadRam... no, I have not seen the movie you referenced, so I can't comment. I don't see many movies these days because they're all pretty much the same plot recycled with different actors and different things blowing up.

You say you're not the violent type, but your own words here in this thread alone suggest otherwise:

I'd still like a gun for an immitation factor.
Personally, I would have slowed down and not let him pass. At a stop, when he exited the car providing he didnt have a gun, I'd put the truck in reverse. Once I crunched his front end a bit, I'd put it in drive and pull a massive burnout in his face.
I've never had anything like that happen to me before, but I have ran people off the road.
If he still came at me, I could aways pistol whip his @$$.
I'd pop him in the clavicle and procede to beat the living crap out of him.
Please hear me. I'm not trying to start anything with you, I'm just trying to get you to think and understand the moral—and, more importantly, legal—justifications and ramifications of what you're talking about doing. The courts, assuming you even get a fair trial, are not going to be interested in a scene from a movie, either as a defense or a rationale for your actions.

As always, your best bet is to simply avoid a confrontation if at all possible. Sometimes you can't, and there may come a time when you have to kill to defend yourself or a loved one, without question. But make sure you decide ahead of time what your reaction will be, and why. That's what the training is all about. Remember, an adrenalin spike can save your life, but a testosterone spike can get you killed or put in jail.

Just think it through, get some training and experience, and don't do anything stupid. Take care and be safe out there... 'nuff said.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: BadRam1

As I said before, the only time I would even pull out my firearm would be if I were approached with a weapon first (like the BMW driver in the video). I believe that would be considered self-defence in the eyes of the law.
QUESTION : Do you think if the BMW driver shot and killed the other guy it would be in self defense?

If I were on the jury, I'd convict the guy of 1st degree murder. IMO, he purposely led these guy's down a dead end path just to harm them. Pre-meditated all the way ... GUILTY

Old 01-23-2008, 05:28 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i think the guy in the beamer handled it perfectly! those guys could of followed him anywhere but instead he used his own plan to give him an upper hand, after all THEY were following him..... he did everything he could to avoid it by not stoping or being an ******* in front of them. i think that was an awesome video! weather or not its right or wrong.... i think in most situations there is a way to play them out and maybe in that situation intimidation was key for everyones safety, i think that maybe in another situation it would be the wrong thing to do.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:46 PM
BadRam1
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

As I said before, the only time I would even pull out my firearm would be if I were approached with a weapon first (like the BMW driver in the video). I believe that would be considered self-defence in the eyes of the law.
QUESTION : Do you think if the BMW driver shot and killed the other guy it would be in self defense?

If I were on the jury, I'd convict the guy of 1st degree murder. IMO, he purposely led these guy's down a dead end path just to harm them. Pre-meditated all the way ... GUILTY

Thats why I said pull out (and reveal the fire arm) and not open fire. If you replace the baseball bat with a gun, then shooting would probably be an appropriate action.

In the situation portrayed in the video, if the BMW driver shot andwounded the guy, I think he'd be guilty. Now, had the truck driver charged with the bat in hand, rather than causally walking to the Bimmer, I think that the BMW driver would have all the right in the world to shoot him.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Mayfair
Legend

In the situation portrayed in the video, if the BMW driver shot andwounded the guy, I think he'd be guilty. Now, had the truck driver charged with the bat in hand, rather than causally walking to the Bimmer, I think that the BMW driver would have all the right in the world to shoot him.
I respectfully dissagree

The b'mer guy led the guy into the situation. He's guilty of whatever the outcome may be. Now if the b'mer guy was approched at an intersection while he was trying to escape this lunitic, he would be justified in the shooting reguardless of what the truck driver was carrying. He was in fear for his life / justified shoot. THAT is the primary difference.

Quick Reply: I wish I had a concealed carry permit