Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:14 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wish I had a concealed carry permit

We got a couple of inches of snow today, so I had to go shovel around some parking meters, bus shelters, blah blah blah. I got done about 11:30 and started driving home. On the highway I'm doing about 65 (speed limit is 65, the roads aren't in the greatest shape) and I'm in the left lane slowly gaining on another vehicle in the right lane doing 60. All of a sudden this car comes right up on my bumper and starts tailgating me. I was like wtf. He was so close I could just barely see his trunk, and I don't have a lift. (it was something like the size of a Dodge Stratus. Not a large car, but definatly not a small one either. I figured he started it so I could be an ahole too. So, I just kept even with the van doing 60. This guy is going back and forth between lanes flashing his brights and tailgating both of us. When I got to the town I live in we finally let the ahole around us. He hurrys up and gets in front of me and slams on his brakes. I was like, whatever I'm not in that big of a hurry. Then the stop light turns red. He stops, I'm a few football fields behind him and see him get out of the car. He tries to get in my way, I went around him and took a left turn on a red arrow. (no one was coming) If he would have grabbed for anything out of his pockets I would have ran the SOB over. He jumps back in his car and tries to chase me. I turned into a subdivision and lost him. The part of town I live in is not straight, square blocks. There is one way through my side of town. If you take a wrong turn or miss a turn, you end up in a cul-de-sac.

I've heard of too many horror stories of road rage for me to even thing of stopping to confront someone like that. But, if I had a concealed carry permit I may have been a bit braver.

So, What would you guys (and frog) have done?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker
Default RE: I wish I had a concealed carry permit

im not sure to b honest..... im sure i would of done the same thing as you in BOTH aspects!

1.) i HATE when people tailgate.... i HATE HATE HATE it!!!! and when someones tailgating i have this habbit that has actually turned into a hobby of going real slow and giveing brake light shows. i have a truck, most of the time they have a car so if they get close enough i cant even see them back there so i drop 5 under and smile the whole way.

2.) if someone ever did get out of the vehicle, depending on who is w/ me i might get a little brave and get out because the person walking at you most likey is thinking you are just going to drive away and if the guy was the one at fault he could be setting himself up to look REAL stupid. BUT if i was alone or with a women friend i would most likely keep going and blow it off because like you said, you never know what could happen with these people no'adays!

Old 01-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Ben D.
Champion

what a ****ed up dude man. I had a guy do that to me the other night. I was already in a bad mood. left work at 10pm after being sick and throwing up about three times already and I could feel another coming on as i was driving. and this dick hole is up my *** beepign and ****. so I slowed down a tad so a shift down into second gear wouldn't be harsh. then just dumped into second and let out the clutch. dropped 10 mph faster than ****. guy was so pissed it was amazing. he backed off tho he learned i wasn't one to be ****ed with.

glad to hear u got out ok you shoulda called the cops wtih a description of his car. he's obviously unstable.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:40 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

Hey me and the wife(frog) both have permits and always carry. It is not even worth thinking about. If he slams on his brakes in front of you let him, its his car that is gonna get creamed! Then you get the a## hole out of his car and simply ask for his ins info.

Just tonight i ran to store to grab smokes and there were cops all over parking lot adjasnt to the store. i asked what happened some dude got stabed to death in front of safeway!!. this world is gettin stupid
OK If you are going to get a permit do me a favor and get the appropriate training on how to use it,And i dont ust mean target practice. (homeboy not gonna stand still!!) get some instruction on shooting on the move,from cover and most inportantly hand gun retention, Nothing worse than getting into a confrontation andthen he gets your weapon and shoots you, and Your last thought "Damb didntsee that coming"

But the most important advice i can give you is Situational Awareness!! and know what is going on around you and learn to avoid the confrontation all together and go home and forget about it

Old 01-18-2008, 01:41 AM
agargano98
Veteran

i always like the high power fog lights on the rear bumper. i have them there for backing up at night (20% tints) but the switch on the dash usualy gets people off my bumper

Old 01-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Ben D.
Champion

agree with m10 on that. also know what the limits of that permit are. just because you have it doesn't mean you can just show some ******** ur gun because he's pissed at you about ur driving. you are only supposed to use that gun in a situation where you feel that your life is in danger and you have no other means of getting away or protection. otherwise ur looking at some serious trouble.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:49 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i am considering getting that permit.... i just bought my first handgun tuesday and its a compact so i thought it would be cool to get a permit to go w/ it! but even in this situation, a gun would of gave confidence but sometimes having them ***** is what gets you deeper into trouble and danger... you did the right thing brian!

Old 01-18-2008, 01:58 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

Amen to that .You could be arested for brandishing a weapon. dont draw unless you are going to shoot!! Ive only ever drawn one time and was prepared to shoot. Know what you are getting into

There is a realy good book caled :in the gravest extreme: by Massad ayoobtake a read it might change your mind.

hey if you got any questions pm me kinda gettin into somethin i know alittle about

Old 01-18-2008, 01:59 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

ORIGINAL: agargano98

i always like the high power fog lights on the rear bumper. i have them there for backing up at night (20% tints) but the switch on the dash usualy gets people off my bumper
I've been telling the wife that for months now. I've also though of getting one of those 10 million candle power spot lights and just aiming it out the back window. But, he was so close that wouldn't have worked. [:@]

Old 01-18-2008, 02:04 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

Amen to that .You could be arested for brandishing a weapon. dont draw unless you are going to shoot!! Ive only ever drawn one time and was prepared to shoot. Know what you are getting into

There is a realy good book caled :in the gravest extreme: by Massad ayoobtake a read it might change your mind.

hey if you got any questions pm me kinda gettin into somethin i know alittle about
At this point in time I probably won't get one. However, that crazy mo fo could have just as easily pulled a gun on me. That is what has me the most angry/scared/not sure what I want to do.

Quick Reply: I wish I had a concealed carry permit