Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Run Your truck on water

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008 | 10:23 PM
CowboyBob
|
Record Breaker
Default Run Your truck on water

Yes you too can be one of the idiots that pay $97 for this book. It will show you how to make your truck run on water with just a couple of mason jars and a bunch of wire and hose fittings that look important, but they really are not. The book will also show you how to cut a hole in a mason jar lid and bend wire into a coil shape. Hurry supplies are limited!!!

http://mydetrentgive.info/

Old 01-23-2008 | 10:35 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Default RE: Run Your truck on water

I saw that before, if it was real, the gov't would have hushed it up....

Old 01-23-2008 | 10:35 PM
Stang_luvr
Rookie

Cowboy,

Does this mean you're going to be the first one of the group to use this technology to boost your mpg in your Cummins???? Please...let us know how well it works!!!!!

Old 01-24-2008 | 12:45 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

where do we sign up?

Old 01-24-2008 | 01:53 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Are you thinking about trying it Bob?

Old 01-24-2008 | 03:36 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

I love this paragraph from their ad:
[blockquote]
We have developed devices that use a little electricity out of your car's battery, to separate water into a gas called HHO (2 Hydrogen + 1 Oxygen). HHO, also called Brown's Gas or Hydroxy, burns beautifully and provides TONS of energy - while the end product is just WATER! Mobile Magazine says HHO provides the atomic power of Hydrogen, while maintaining the chemical stability of water.[/blockquote]
The one problem here is that ittakes more energy to disassociate water into hydrogen and oxygen than you get out of burning the hydrogen, otherwise we could all drive around in cars powered by fuel cells with a big tank of water. Picture Johnny Depp saying the words, "Forget about it!"

Old 01-24-2008 | 08:24 AM
CowboyBob
|
Record Breaker

Does the kit produce hydrogen? Yes it probably does. All you need to produce hydrogen is a battery, some sort of conductor, and a glass of water. The positive side of the conductor breaks off the hydrogen gas and the negative side breaks of the Oxygen. You get twice as much Hydrogen as Oxygen because there are 2 molecules of Hydrogen in water and only one molecule of Oxygen (H2O).

Now the first mistake with this setup is that they use a coil as the conductor and don't separate the gasses. So you are burning the Hydrogen and Oxygen together in the combustion chamber.

The second flaw is that you don't get something from nothing. It takes more energy to extract the hydrogen than what you get from burning the hydrogen. However, their system will produce a small amount of hydrogen. But you'd probably do better to hold a butane lighter in front of your cold air intake and push down on the button, letting the gas get sucked into the engine.

The only good idea I saw was where they stacked the devices together to make more hydrogen. Again, that would be like hold 6 butane lighters in front of your cold air intake. It really isn't going to do much good.

Am I going to try it??? No, I learn in my 9th grade science class that this doesn't work to power a vehicle. We actually did this experiment with a 12v battery and captured each individual gas. Hydrogen went into one chamber, Oxygen the other. After about an hour it produced enough Hydrogen to make a "pop" noise when you held a match to the hydrogen gas.

Old 01-24-2008 | 08:34 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

I think this might not be as far fetched as everyone thinks. I don't think that we are at a point yet where this would be functional on a daily basis but I do think that we are right around the corner from this being the new wave of technology.[/align]If they can figure out how to harness all the wasted heat energy from combustion and combine it with the energy of the exhaust gasses without robbing horse power from the engine, it could be a reality.[/align]I don't want to stop using diesel any more than the rest of you but if they can prove a technique to generate power to extract hydrogen from water without using the batteries or alternator, I'd be all over it in a heart beat.[/align]"Necessity is the mother of all invention" If we can split Atoms, we can damn sure find a way to make hydrogen!![/align]

Old 01-24-2008 | 10:01 AM
RAMbunkshus
Rookie

Damn, when I saw the header, I thought someone was making pontoons for CTD's

Quick Reply: Run Your truck on water