Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

AirDog 150 performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 AM
justviper1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AirDog 150 performance

What a difference the new pump made on my truck. The truck must have been starving for fuel before because it feels so good to get on it now. It accelerates much smoother and quicker as well as idles smoother. It also seems to have made some more hp out of the truck as well. I am loving the difference and can't wait til the adrenaline comes in so I can see what the truck can really do.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: AirDog 150 performance

Are you useing any additives when you fill up?

Old 01-31-2008, 10:11 AM
justviper1
Veteran

i was using ps but haven't in the last few tanks. the truck doesn't even downshift as much on the highway. i really am impressed with the difference.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:15 AM
justviper1
Veteran

i also noticed that since i filled up after adding the new pump i have really been running it harder than usual and it seems to be getting the same mpg. i will have to hand calculate it and see. it would be amazing if it was because that would mean that when i am easy on it it would have to do better mileage. 15 is ok but it would be nice to get a little more out of it.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I'm still adding 1oz of 2 stroke per gallon at fill up. I'm adding it solely to keep the injection pump lubed.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Horseman
Rookie

I'm curious about what you thought of the instructions that came with the AirDog. I had the tank out of my truck three times putting the thing together. Course I'm not the sharpest nail in the box, but you'd think they'ed be a little mores specific in a couple items. Like cutting a hole in the tank rather than just say to install the draw tube in the tank. So me being the mechanical wizard that I am thought, well, hey, if I make a little shim I can place it where the old fuel line came out of the sending unit,just pull the sending unit, stick it the same holeand it's a done deal. WRONG....hafta use the old return line, out comes the tank again, remove the sending unit again, remove draw tube, hold cup underneath and drill the hole, insert tube, sending unit back in, hook wires and return line back up, install tank etc; etc; However, like you said the truck seems to run better, smoother, and my mileage did improve a little. The biggest benefit to me is not worrying about the lift pump anymore...By the way the reason I pulled the tank instead of the box, was I had a hoist and transmission jack. That was actually pretty easy. Amazing thing a couple days after installation you think back and say " that wasn't bad" the mind is a terrible thing...

Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Mayfair
Legend

What year Ram do you have Horseman?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Horseman
Rookie

02' HO 6 speed

Old 01-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Horseman
Rookie

Please don't tell me I need to do something else...........however I'm pretty darn good at pulling that tank out now..

Old 01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Naah ...I just don't get what the draw tube was for on an 02 unless your stock lift pump was located in the tank.

Quick Reply: AirDog 150 performance