Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

WTF again,....May issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off-Road

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008 | 05:47 PM
Az2500Cummins08
Default WTF again,....May issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off-Road

Ok, whos got it? If you don't have it, get it. Read the crap starting on page 52. I don't want to go into detail, but this **** is rigged.

Old 03-20-2008 | 05:52 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: WTF again,....May issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off-Road

I don't think I've even seen that rag.

Old 03-20-2008 | 06:05 PM
G0tMudd
Veteran

explain

Old 03-20-2008 | 07:03 PM
Az2500Cummins08

The Magazine did a real world tow rig test. 2008 Ram SLT Mega cab 3500 CTD 4x4 Dually, 2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 3500 Duramax 4x4 Dually, and the Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat King Ranch Crew Cab 4x4 Dually.

Guess who won? Ford. Why? Rigged. The Dodge was a SLT, the Ford a Lariat King Ranch.
The dislikes for Dodge: Harsh Ride (its a work truck!) Lack of top end power, and step in height. (Again, its a work truck, the **** is supposed to be high!)
Dislikes for Ford: Weak top end, Interior too guady, only seats 4.

So, dodge wins the interior. But the judging result was ruled in favor of Ford. The dodge wins in all areas on acceleration, with and without a trailer. Dodge wins in Passing power with and without a trailer. And they tied on Mileage. (10.1) Also, the Ford already has 21,000 miles on it, so it is broken in also. All in al the dodge wins in most of the catagories, but the judges still gave 1st place to the Ford.

There is so much to write, you have to read the article. All in all, the deciding factor was the Fords towing attributes. The ticker is, DODGE SCORED HIGHER IN EVERY EVENT!

Old 03-20-2008 | 07:10 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

The mags are all about advertising money, and if you could see the books of that rag you would see clearly why they picked the Ford. Don't worry about it, smile and drive your Dodge TRUCK.

BTW, this comes form an EX ford owner.

Old 03-20-2008 | 08:02 PM
G0tMudd
Veteran

Az2500Cummins08- looks like that issue will make a good fire starter lol

Old 03-20-2008 | 08:22 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

I agree last months article was a stretch. Yeah there are more than a few of us that take our trucks out and run them in the mug but that is not what the CTD 3500 was built for. So running a comparison of full sized trucks on the trail was kind of a joke.

When looking at the different packages you got to remember the Mag sends out a request and the company fills it. The fact Ford loves to flaunt one rig and advertise the price and mileage of another is their advertising policy. The fact they knocked em for the interior was satisfaction enough for me. Dodge has the Resistol package....they could send that out once in a while and let people see it.

There have been plenty of us (myself included some days) that has complained how stiff our suspension is. The 6.7 was even worse than my 5.9. They didn't offer any criticism of our rigs that we haven't all already said ourselves.

The cool part is...we can fix our issues...can a ford owner really fix the fact they have a power joke & are always prepared to roast marshmallows

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:12 AM
Az2500Cummins08

You know Frogger, that makes alot of sense. That made my day. My brother (best friend) called me last night to tell me that when he was on his way home from work yesterday and his oil pressure went WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up. He knew his engine was about to pop. He has been expecting it for awhile. He yelled outload, just make it home. About 1/4 mile to the house a loud BOOM! came from his engine, and oil sprayed all over the ground, smoke was coming from under the hood, and just like in the movies oil came from the underneath the backside of the hood and smeared the windshield. But, it limped home. Its final resting place for that engine. It is a 92 F250. He is a ford guy, it is in his genes. But, he has gone through over 10 vehicles since high school, 2 were brand new rangers, and every one of them has failed him. Except for the wrangler. I let him drive my truck when I first got it and all he could say was "how much power it has pulling this trailer up this mountain!" Hopefully he won't waste his money on a Powerjoke.

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:19 AM
mopar98
All Star

I read that amg too.
I thought the judges were totally stoned.
If sit there and look at it the Ford was one of the worst choices really.

Old 03-21-2008 | 12:44 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Since we're talking about fords, I seen a ford ranger on the freeway today with a sticker in his back window that said "Yes this is my truck, NO I won't help you move." WTF???? How many trips are you planning on to move?

Quick Reply: WTF again,....May issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off-Road