Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

HELP! Someone hit my new truck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Mark.hughes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Someone hit my new truck!!!

Hello everyone new member here.....Although I have been lurking for month's.

I purchased a Brand Spanking new 2007 2500 5.9 and I currently have 13,000 miles on it.

Someone t-boned me in a parking lot going about 20mph. They hit from the rear door on the passanger side all the way to the rear bumper. Destroyed the rear wheel and crushed in the side of the bed at least a good 12 inches.

Here is my problem.....The body shop and the insurance company want to push the side of the bed back out and smooth it over with fiberglass and re-paint the side. The called it a repair job. I think the side panel should be replaced. Do I have a leg to stand on?

Thanks for any advice you can give me,

Mark

Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELP! Someone hit my new truck!!!

Welcome!! I don't know who your ins co. is but I believe you can request to have OEM parts put back on. Ask your agent, a lot of times they won't unless you ask.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a 2007, while the body shop may be able to smooth it out, do not fold, demand a new panel from Mopar. They want to do a cost effective fix for the insurance companys sake, you didn't pay cost effective insurance rates.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Mark.hughes

I had to go through my own insurance copmpany, the other driver did not have any insurance......My insurace company is a LIZZARD if you know what I mean. They would replace it with an OEM one if they were replacing it, but the are going to push the metal back and fill in the cracks.

I am just so pissed over this. You pay allot of money for a truck and they it has a Fiberglass over metal that has been pushed over 12 inches. When I go to get rid of it, I know someone will see it.

Does anyone know Bodyshop 101?

Old 03-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

Welcome to the DF, I would keep raising hell about it, like P/S said you pay top dollar for insurance you should get top dollar insurance... I hate insurance companies [:@]
Good luck let us know how it goes...

Old 03-21-2008, 10:18 PM
RamItOne

its up to the adjuster to determine whats best, if you want oem you pay the difference in aftermaket part to oem part.

are you filing it under collision or uninsured motorist pd????? find out please....

also you can claim diminished value against your insurance.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:04 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Demand replacement, go to bbb if you have too and file a complaint. make a lot of people aware and let them know you are doing so.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
dingo3g
Rookie

If it's truly pushed in over a foot, there is no way a reputable shop would even consider the type of repair you're talking about.
A new bedside is definately in order, hell it's faster to replace the bedside than to straighten out an entire bed. If the insurance won't budge, find another bed, they're pretty common around these parts because the farmers take them off and put on flat beds, typical new bed take off sells for about $1000. What color is yours, and is it long or short, I know where there is a silver long bed take off from an 07, and they want $1000

Dingo

Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: JimmyDiablo

Demand replacement, go to bbb if you have too and file a complaint. make a lot of people aware and let them know you are doing so.
the bbb wont do crap for insurance, you would have to call/write your state insurance comish and file a complaint.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

ORIGINAL: JimmyDiablo

the bbb wont do crap for insurance, you would have to call/write your state insurance comish and file a complaint.
Thanks, I was unaware of that.

Quick Reply: HELP! Someone hit my new truck!!!