Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

pro comp deal

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pro comp deal

Mine are E rated and as of now, I VERY rarely pull a heavy load, but I'll never put anything on it BUT E rated. Having worked in a tire shop before, I've seen Heavy Duty trucks overload the tires and it's a mess. New rims, brakes, tires, a few hitches/bumpers, and even a few axle housings. The extra money could potentially pay for itself. It's definitely not common, but it does happen.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

well mentos, i looked into the xtreme a/t's and found e rated in the size LT305/65R17 like you said. they are a few pounds heavier and i really do not perfer the looks of the tire on my stock looking truck compared to the regular a/t's but i am thinking about going that route IF the price is right.... im still waiting on the guy from ebay to write back to me telling me if hes got them and how much they would be.

see i am no tire guy by ANY MEANS! alls i know is you gotta put air into them up to the level they say on the tire and when to replace them. im glad i have you guys here to help me out but the thing i dont understand is the ratings. the bigger the rating the heavier the tire so im guessing there is more rubber into it and maybe the side walls have more layers?!?!

also, if D range is no good for pulling heavy loads.... how come people haul with the stockers on just fine (assuming the stock tires are less of a load range than D)?

Old 04-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Methos
Veteran

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

also, if D range is no good for pulling heavy loads.... how come people haul with the stockers on just fine (assuming the stock tires are less of a load range than D)?
Not sure what tire your truck came with stock, but mine had E rated michelins on it. So, just venturing a guess that whatever tire you have is probably E rated as well.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:19 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

i just went out and checked...... i am WRONG[sm=icon_beat.gif]... my stock tires are E rated

Quick Reply: pro comp deal