Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Another oil change rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:34 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another oil change rant

Hmm... Guess I'ma square too. (Psst... Donny, where you pick that up at??Sounds like a blessing to me!)

Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 PM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: dirtydodge02

Hmm... Guess I'ma square too. (Psst... Donny, where you pick that up at??Sounds like a blessing to me!)
http://www.genosgarage.com/products.asp?dept=24

Old 04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
mopar1973man
Veteran

I've got the old fashioned screw in plug yet and will NEVER change it... I agree it just too easy for a branch or twig to snap off some hanging down from the oil pan. I've got rub marks where twigs and sticks have smacked the oil pan... I don't suggest anyone getting a quick drain that does any kind of offroading...

For example...

I've even got small dents in my floorboards from sticks and rocks hitting the floor... The larrgest one required me to beat the dent out of the passenger rear floor with a sledgehammer!!! [:-]

Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 PM
foxt

I'm new around here, but I like the idea of the quick drain. I had a Fram Sure Drain on an old Honda that was a bear to deal with. I recall that it took a long time to drain several quarts of oil. I see the concern about accidental triggers with the version with the lever, but what about this version?

http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo....Z-DP-22MMPL-DG

Pricey, but it seems like it's got a low profile. It looks similar to the Fram. I guess that valve being inside the pan could be a potential issue? And you need to worry about losing the fitting that opens the valve. Anyone have this version, I wonder what kind of flow rate it gets ....

Old 04-20-2008, 11:50 AM
handymanherb
Banned

I've even got small dents in my floorboards from sticks and rocks hitting the floor... The larrgest one required me to beat the dent out of the passenger rear floor with a sledgehammer!!

Maybe you need some lessons on off roading,when your running over stuff that punches in your floor board, I have climbed over 14 inch trees without a scratch on stock tires, but then I only had to cross over seven going in and then turned around for fun,besides a few like scratches I had to buff out of the paint afterward.

But I left the hammer in the box

Quick Reply: Another oil change rant