Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What to do to the chrome on my bumpers???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008 | 12:49 PM
duallydog
Default What to do to the chrome on my bumpers???

Whats up guys and gals i have been lurking around these forums for great advice for quite some time!! But now I have a question of my own!

I have just recently purchased a black megacab dually and was wanting to go completley black! I am going to get the smoked recon running lights, third break light tail lights etc,.... I also want to get the windows tinted as well (hopefully this week) this is where my question begins I would like to know what I could do for the chrome on the bumpers? any ideas would be appreciated I would really like to buy after market bumpers but right now cant afford it? Also is there any1 that has aftermarket grills that replace all the chrome around the grill also! I like the idea that I have read on here about painting the head lights so I might go that route if I cant find any replacements at a decdent cost!!

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated also give me your opinions about going all black doyall think it will be too much to get rid of all the chrome???

Well im glad i have finally taken the jump to become active in the forums and i look forward to hearing all your opinions!!!

Old 04-14-2008 | 01:20 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: What to do to the chrome on my bumpers???

First of all, Welcome Aboard !!

If you've been lurking, you've probably seen this link before, but if not, check these guy's out for some aftermarket Ram stuff

LMC

I kinda like the look of a black and chrome truck, but I would be curious to see what an all balck one would look like. Best of luck with it !!

Old 04-14-2008 | 02:12 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

The black options depend on if you're going w/ flat black or shiny black accessories...

for flat black you can powder coat or line-x/rhino the bumpers.
for shiny black you can get a sport bumper or have it blasted and painted.

(yes I've looked at all of these since doing my line-x...gotta get rid of the chrome now )

Old 04-14-2008 | 03:02 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

You could try powder coating your stock bumper. Powder coating shops have different shades of black they can use. Here is an example of a shop.

Old 04-14-2008 | 03:04 PM
duallydog

SWEET yea i have a friend that does line x so we will see im might go that route! thanx for that site mayfair thats 1 i didnt know about!!

Old 04-14-2008 | 03:15 PM
RamItOne

ranch hand black diamond plates front and rear bumpers...

http://www.ranchhand.com/default.aspx

Old 04-14-2008 | 03:41 PM
duallydog

Will the night runner head lights fit on this truck??? If so does anyone know where to find them cheaper than the dealer?

Old 04-14-2008 | 03:56 PM
duallydog

also I know i have seen the parts number for these lights on here somewhere can anyone point me in the right direction????

Old 04-14-2008 | 06:21 PM
Az2500Cummins08

If you wanna go cheaper, check out the DIY section to paint your stock headlights black. Thats all the night runners are. Besides, the night runners are way overpriced. If you want different lights all together, check out ebay, thats where I got mine. I paid 350 for mine 5 months ago, but now they are 200[:@]. There are different designs that are easier to install and align.

Old 04-14-2008 | 10:50 PM
firemedic740
Veteran

Blacked out trucks look awesome, if it was me try to find a sport bumper, i think they look good for stock. The black halo lights on az's truck look good, but he says they are dimmer than factory. Paint the grill yourself, its easy and cheap.

Quick Reply: What to do to the chrome on my bumpers???