Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

dpf delete update

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008 | 02:36 PM
Diesel Man
Rookie
Default RE: dpf delete update

If you can have your buddy turn the regen cycles off then let me know and I'll send him mine. LOL
I'm sure he can make some big$$ by doing something like that.

Question:
I've heard the gasser truck guys,buying a new cpu and programming it the way they want it , then swapping with the stock CPU if they take it to the stealership. Can that be done with our Diesel CPU??

Old 04-24-2008 | 03:39 PM
firemedic740
|
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Diesel Man

If you can have your buddy turn the regen cycles off then let me know and I'll send him mine. LOL
I'm sure he can make some big$$ by doing something like that.

Question:
I've heard the gasser truck guys,buying a new cpu and programming it the way they want it , then swapping with the stock CPU if they take it to the stealership. Can that be done with our Diesel CPU??
"I'll send him mine. LOL"I guess im laughing too being that your saying yeah whatever you can't do it, but the next part your asking can we do that with our diesel cpu, wtf? You know, I am trying to help everybodyout doing this and hopefully preventing problems with their emissions in the future andtrying to save a buck by doing it this way instead of spending over$600 on the other systems. Sothe sarcasm is really not needed, and maybepay attention and you might learn something.

Sorry if I took it the wrong way, but im tired of people who think they fn know everything and one thing I cant stand is sarcasm!"LOL"

Old 04-24-2008 | 04:24 PM
Diesel Man
Rookie

Firemedic,

I'm with you on this. I believe you took it the wrong way,I'm looking for a good solution like yours and H&S that really works and doesn't throw codes. (Not sure about H&S)If I told you how much money I've lost in fueldue to the regens and the emision crap.... If you can make this system work and find a solution to the regen cyclesyou could have a goldmine in your hands. I heard about purchasing a new CPU and adding a programer/power module , if something bad happens to your vehicle you just put the stock CPU back in and the key strokes remain the same. So you won't have problems with the dealer. Anyone else heard of this??

Old 04-24-2008 | 04:36 PM
firemedic740
|
Veteran

My apologies diesel man. I took it the wrong way. The regen cycles only occur when im on the highway and last only a 10 min max-haven't really timed them. I am thinkin they occur due to the pressure tubes and I guess if I could figure the what the pressure is supposed to be from each tube I could figure out a way of tricking the comp to think the dpf is there, but being there is no restriction from the filters the pressure is the same from each tube it probably thinks that the dpf is collecting pm thus triggering the regen cycles, but the pressures are close so it wouldn't read catalyst full. If i only knew what the differential pressures are supposed to be. Anyone know?

Old 04-24-2008 | 04:56 PM
Diesel Man
Rookie

Firmedic,

I believe the dealer can in fact set the regens. The reason being isI know exactlywhen my regen will start and for how long it will last for.With a full tank I know at 180 miles into the tankI'll get a regen. When I first bought the truck I would get less regens and the CEL would come on. After many trips t the dealer I now usually get 4 regens to the tank. Wellhope everythingcomes together for youand keep us posted.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-24-2008 | 05:05 PM
Mayfair
Legend

You guy's KNEW this was comming right ???

Old 04-24-2008 | 05:10 PM
Drew
Professional

ORIGINAL: Diesel Man

Firmedic,

I believe the dealer can in fact set the regens. The reason being isI know exactlywhen my regen will start and for how long it will last for.With a full tank I know at 180 miles into the tankI'll get a regen. When I first bought the truck I would get less regens and the CEL would come on. After many trips t the dealer I now usually get 4 regens to the tank. Wellhope everythingcomes together for youand keep us posted.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

4 regens to the tank. . .sounds like a new way to calculate mileage

Donny. . .is that you in the middle of that sausage fest????

Old 04-24-2008 | 05:17 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: Drew

Donny. . .is that you in the middle of that sausage fest????

Old 04-24-2008 | 09:03 PM
firemedic740
|
Veteran

You guys are great, love the pics!

Old 07-15-2008 | 08:47 PM
RandyT

I dont Know How thw DPF Delete works, but with my DPF-RI get no codes and no regen, just Performance and Fuel mileage.
there site is http://www.dpf-r.com/may wana look into this one.

Quick Reply: dpf delete update