Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

guys with lift and larger tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:38 PM
austin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guys with lift and larger tires

Hey for all you guys with a lift and 35+ tires I have a few questions for you:

1. What kind of mileage are you getting? I know this varies some but I am just wondering what YOU get. My truck so far has a level and 35s and am getting about 16mpg in town and 20mpg on the highway doing 65-70.. It goes down FAST after 70 so I never really go past that at all.

2. What kind of tires did you get? (37s would be best to know. I go mudding a lot, but I do a lot of highway drivingand don't want to change the tires every 15k miles like on my last truck)

3. What lift did you get and do you have any rub?

4. Do you tow? I need to be able to tow 6-7k pounds every once in a while... Not often, but it would be nice to be able to tow without a "problem". Which I don't think will be a problem with the CTD but I am just wondering!

Thanks guys! BTW this side seems a lot more mature than the 3rd Gen guys. I hope you all don't mind a 17 year old cruising around here

-Austin

Old 04-22-2008, 11:55 PM
mytowrig
Captain
Default RE: guys with lift and larger tires

i just started a thread kinda like this a couple hours ago..
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1283698/tm.htm

Old 04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
mgreene1078

i have a 2007 4wd mega cab with 8 inch lift snd run 35 toyo m/t which work better then sny other tire for both and get good mileage i dont much care for the bfg to noisy and dont last long i tow about 10000 every so oftenno problem at all hope this helps.......

Old 04-23-2008, 12:05 AM
austin
Veteran

Ah thanks. I searched the forum but didn't really come across what I was looking for, and somehow did not find your thread.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:08 AM
austin
Veteran

8in lift with 35s? That must look small! My truck with the level and 35s look small to me. Then again I do have a ranch hand installed.

What did you pay total for your lift? I have been thinking about buying Little Foots 6in lift and either taking the weekend for me to install it with a friend, or pay somebody to do it. After hearing Buzzys story I feel a lot safer to do it myself(I don't trust people with my truck anymore. I watch them the whole time [])

-Austin

Old 04-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Little Foot
Veteran

Austin,
I have a Rize8" lift and pull bob cats up 27 miles of dirt to a friends cabin in crown king AZ for dirt work every couple of months, after dropping the trailer I then hit the trails while he is working. I my milage is ussually aroung 14 to 16 mpg running around town mostly stop and go on the highway around 17 to 18. I have never tested a full tank on just all highway since the new lift and tires. I do make contact with the wheel well with the 37's on a 10" wide wheel at full lock and fully tucked.

I really like the hankook dyna pro MT's I just put on the truck I have them out acouple of time and they do not chuck out like the procomps did. Procomp extreme mud terrains are nice because they are quite, but the are soft.

I installed the superlift it was not that bad I would recomend a self install that way you kow every thing about the suspension.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 AM
BLACKPearl06

Austin, I think you have a question everyone wonders about when they go to lifting. I have a 6 in. supelift with 38 mickey tompson baja mtz. I trimmed a little on the front side of the front fender wells but you can hardly tell. If I put it in a strain like through a ditch I get some rub but normal driving none. The backspace on your wheel selection is important. You can't go worng with a mickey thompson, toyo, pro comp tire.I love my tires. They all do good off road and perform decently on highway miles. and I haul a goosenck cattle trailer loaded with around 10k all the time no problems. Hope this helped.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my mileage hasnt changed since the addition of my level and 315's. I do like the 300rpm drop

Old 04-24-2008, 12:15 AM
justviper1
Veteran

i have a 4 inch skyjacker kit on my truck with 37x13.5 procomp xterrains. the tires vibrate a bit goin down the road and im not sure of how they wear since they were on the truck when i bought it. they do rub a slight bit when i turn the wheel tight. i don't do any pulling with it yet either but as soon as a rearrange my exhaust i plan to do a little bit here and there. if i drive the truck normally i get 15-16 mpg mixed city and highway.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Scott91370
Professional

I've got a 2001 with a 4.5" lift and 315/75-16's (35'x10.5ish) Pro Comp Xtreme Terrain. They don't rub but the front ones are close when at full lock Traffic/around town I get about 16 and highway running 70ish I get about 18. I do pull a 21' pontoon once a week and couldn't tell you what the mileage is with that because it isa short pull.

Quick Reply: guys with lift and larger tires