Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT: The Pentagon warned Tuesday the US Army will not be able to pay its soldiers beyond June 15

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 05:09 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OT: The Pentagon warned Tuesday the US Army will not be able to pay its soldiers beyond June 15

Don't forget the cost of jet fuel which is similar to kerosene or diesel.

SteveW, the war is not a traditional battle so it can not be measured in the traditional manner. I hate hearing the liberal battle cry "what are we doing there?" Since we took the fight into the Arab's back yard they are not here blowing things up. They are there blowing things up. It is dirty work but I beleive that our safety here is directly related to us taking it to them.

My kids are not old enough yet, but I beleive in the cause enough that I would send them there if they were to protect the rest of us...even the mis-lead lazy ungrateful democrats. As for me, if the Navy ever decides to take old fat bastards like me again. It will be haze grey and under way for me.

You can't support the troops if you don't support their mission! And I support both!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:13 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: OT: The Pentagon warned Tuesday the US Army will not be able to pay its soldiers beyond June 15

god bless the navy, theyre always willing to give the marines a ride...

Old 05-07-2008, 05:13 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: NickBeek

You can't support the troops if you don't support their mission! And I support both!
You're the man, brother!!!

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-07-2008, 05:20 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

god bless the navy, theyre always willing to give the marines a ride...
Marines and Sailors are kinda like brothers in a really disfunctional family. Left alone they fight each other, but mess with one in the presence of the other and you got two guys jumping on you!

Cumminalong, I calls em like I sees em! Thank you. I believe you are still active right? That would make YOU the man.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:28 PM
cumminalong

Cumminalong, I calls em like I sees em! Thank you. I believe you are still active right? That would make YOU the man.
Nope, that just means I work FOR the man......

[&o]

Old 05-07-2008, 05:50 PM
reed
Veteran

Thats good to hear, I hope your support is still there when a new Commander in Chief is elected and ends the mission in Iraq. I question the Iraq mission and I consider myself a patriot.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Heres the real info. If you loose a lmb, you get disability. Lose an eye, disability. Lose your life, $400,000 SGLI max. 2 years ago it was only $250,000.

Disability is rated at whatever your paygrade is, times how ever much. I have a friend who was been a PFC (E3) his entire so far 5 years in the army, because he is on a permanant disability status, because when we were in Korea, a chinook rotor blade was dropped on his head. Jacked up his back, head (internally,) memory loss. He cant run, when he does he blacks out. Crazy stuff. Needless to say, he is going to be making around what an E7 at 20 years base pay is, which is around $3,800 give or take a few.

When my wife gets out in 2 years, she will get 50% disability, because she broke her back in AIT in 2004. She was climbing an obsticle, there was water at the top, she slipped, fell and broke her back. She would have been fine, but those f*cking retards they call drill sergants don't ever know what the hell they are doing, and made her get up and walk to a van, where she got no medical treatment until everyone else finished the course. It resulted in a broken vertibret in her lower back.

Anyways, 50% disability means she will get 50% of her base pay at whatever rank she leaves the army as. She will prolly get out as an E6, base pay currently is 2,607.60, so half of that would be $1,303. Not bad. She will only recieve 50% because she is not in a chair.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Dokie
Rookie

1982-2006, retired 1SG, never missed a paycheck, too include two stints, Desert Storm and OIF.

The military fiscal year runs October to October. Every year we'd tightened up fiscallyaround May and then panic in September to get the rest of the budgetspent. Every year we would hear we were going to run out of money, never did.

[IMG]local://upfiles/77534/711DCA60267A4BFC9666B61489BA9078.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Az2500Cummins08

She would have been fine, but those f*cking retards they call drill sergants don't ever know what the hell they are doing, and made her get up and walk to a van, where she got no medical treatment until everyone else finished the course. It resulted in a broken vertibret in her lower back.
Hmmmmm, interesting.

I've never met one of those guys.

Never wore one of those funny hats for 3 years either.
There's 2 sides to every story and if you haven't walked the walk, DON'T TALK ****!!!! [sm=lame.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/39492/7DE7A3B2ECFC4E2A8382F7C179BFC8B6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
stevew
Professional

quote:

Well I dont exactly believe that, but thats my opinion. My dad and two uncles served in Vietnam, they didn't exactly believe in the war but they were patriots. You speak of war like itsa good thing? Im not going to get into all this but last I checked the taliban werein Afghanistan and Saudi, Hussein didn't even like them because he thought they were a threat to him. And dont sweat Cumminallong, on AZ's comments he's just venting, my dad was in 8 years , left as a Staff Sargent.

Quick Reply: OT: The Pentagon warned Tuesday the US Army will not be able to pay its soldiers beyond June 15