Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT: The Pentagon warned Tuesday the US Army will not be able to pay its soldiers beyond June 15

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008 | 01:44 AM
RamItOne
Default RE: OT: The Pentagon warned Tuesday the US Army will not be able to pay its soldiers beyond June 15

wow can't believe how misinformed people are, sgli pays out a max of 500,000, you can pick up to 400k, and another 100k if you die while on duty is automatically paid which the military basically sees as your entire time while you're in the military.

As for dis pay, the % IS NOT A % OF WHAT YOUR PAYGRADE IS, 10% dis pays out like 115 a month and 100% pays out up to 3k, the amount paid per % of dis varies if you have a spouse, kids or take care of your parents. Now certain other dis that are more severe can qualify for more money, but again folks, its not based on if you're a sorry private to a sgt maj to a full bird. Now sure that col's pension will be a lot better than any enlisteds guys pension is but their dis pay is the same if they have the same % and number of dependents.

Old 05-08-2008 | 08:21 AM
cumminalong
Default RE: OT: The Pentagon warned Tuesday the US Army will not be able to pay its soldiers beyond June 15

ORIGINAL: stevew
And dont sweat Cumminallong, on AZ's comments he's just venting, my dad was in 8 years , left as a Staff Sargent.
Well, unfortunately I do sweat it, and quite honestly, it PISSES ME OFF!

I hear it all the time from people who have no idea what a DS "really" is. If you think it's what you see in Full Metal Jacket, you'd be missing 99% of what it is.

Anybody that thinks the guys that get SELECTED to be DS's don't know what they are doing........WAS PROBABLY ONE OF THE LITTLE TURDS I TRIED TO KICK OUT!!!!

Me and my partner, maybe a third IF we were lucky, had 14 weeks to do with 55-60, fresh off the Play Station, little turds, what a lot of parents FAIL to do in 18 years.......turn the dumpy little piece of crap you call a son (or daughter) into a productive member of society with some resemblance of manners and courtesy. All the while, doing itin an environment where you are under the microscope 24/7.

Sooooo, what is my favorite all time thing to here from guys that haven't WALK THE FRIGGIN' WALK?

"Who was your Drill Sergeant?".......Because as soon as I hear it I want to PUNCH THEM RIGHT IN THE FRIGGIN FACE!!!!

But instead, I pick up the phone, call Drill Sergeant branch and drop a name and social security number of an OUTSTANDING, YOUNG NCO that would LOVE to try my shoes on for size.

Then you can see exactly what kind of crap that society sends you to deal with......

And then the next time you get a kid at your unit, you understand that I've already weeded out 10 - 20% of the ones that couldn't hack it. So now, YOU have to deal with one, instead of the 55-60 that I had to.

THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Old 05-08-2008 | 08:49 AM
RamItOne

cummins- I think it was army, but remember some nco or mayber even an officer bitched to the media about the crappy crop or troops coming out of basic, well the brass changed his mos and he wound up wearing the smokey bear hats. I think he tried to sue to get out of it.

Old 05-08-2008 | 08:59 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

cummins- I think it was army, but remember some nco or mayber even an officer bitched to the media about the crappy crop or troops coming out of basic, well the brass changed his mos and he wound up wearing the smokey bear hats. I think he tried to sue to get out of it.
That's how it goes. Pipe up......you'll get STEPPED up!

I love it when people run off at the suck and don't know WTF they are talking about.

Put it to you this way.....this was how I looked at it. If I looked at a kid and said to myself that I wouldn't want him in my unit, I sure as hell wasn't sending him out to my buddies to have to deal with and I would do everything in my power to expedite this individual out of the military.

In the line units, you have 3 NCO's to 6 Soldiers.....that's a 1:2 ratio. As a DS, you have 2 (3 if you're lucky) to 55 - 60 BRAND, FRIGGIN NEW trainees....thats' 1:30, maybe 1:20.

Sooooo, if I can train a kid to meet MINIMUM Army standards under that kind of ratio and YOU can't get a kid to perform with a 1:2 ratio of supervision, WHO'S THE FRIGGIN RETARD THAT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING???

Sorry, if it sounds like I'm pissed off to no end, but that comment by AZ2500 CHAPPED MY FRIGGIN ***!

Old 05-08-2008 | 09:06 AM
RamItOne

how do you like the female sensativity week.

Old 05-08-2008 | 09:09 AM
cumminalong

how do you like the female sensativity week.
That must be something new they put in. I came off the trail back in Nov 2004.

I've never heard of that, but can't say it surprises me. We already had all the Consideration of Others, Values, and the other sensitivity crap that added an extra week of training.

Old 05-08-2008 | 09:19 AM
RamItOne

that's what I referring to, but basically it was prompted by the increase of split tails in the military. Gives a new meaning to c(u)nt cap.

Old 05-08-2008 | 09:23 AM
cumminalong

that's what I referring to, but basically it was prompted by the increase of split tails in the military.
That was one good thing about being at The Southeast Columbus Home For Wayward Boys,otherwise know as Ft Benning, GA. It was all male, so I didn't have to deal with it.........and all the other issues associated in a mixed hormone factory.

Old 05-08-2008 | 08:47 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I had a BLAST in boot camp (Navy), and I do see what Cumminalong is saying. If you can't get with left right left inside of a week I don't want your sorry *** next to me on a ship.

I guess you guys who question our mission in the middle east would have been against going to war during WW2 also. Germany and the rest of their allies save for Japan didn't attack us. Why did we need to help the British or the French? Our national security was not threatened by them being under German rule.

As far as me thinking war is good. No I don't think that, BUT I know we need to clean up the rest of the sorry bastards and their friends that attacked us on our soil, where ever they may be hiding. If it was stricly up to me I would pull all the troops back and turn that whole region into green glass with some of that high tech equipment we have laying around. But then some other form of liberal bleeding heart would say we can't do that. One way or the other we need to keep my family safe here at home. Sticking our head in the sand and hoping for the best will NOT achieve that goal.

Old 05-08-2008 | 09:03 PM
reed
Veteran

So if we follow your misguided rational, how many more nations will we be invading? Because there would be a very long list. Why not Saudi Arabia before Iraq? Thats where 15 of 19 9/11 attackers came from? And did you forget our original mission there? That mission was completed several years ago, oh oh, yes we didn't consider the consequences of our actions.

ORIGINAL: NickBeek
I guess you guys who question our mission in the middle east would have been against going to war during WW2 also. Germany and the rest of their allies save for Japan didn't attack us. Why did we need to help the British or the French? Our national security was not threatened by them being under German rule.

Quick Reply: OT: The Pentagon warned Tuesday the US Army will not be able to pay its soldiers beyond June 15