Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2007 3500 pulling to the right

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 PM
bubbamace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CCR542
I have an 06 2500 that had that same problem for some time. I took it to the dealer and they upgraded the whole centerlink assemby right down to the steering stabilizer because the original design was too week and had a tendancy to wear out around 60,000 miles.
I'll check this out. Thanks. Most of the problem went away when I got new tires and a four wheel alignment. About the only thing they could find wrong was that they couldn't align the left front completely because there wasn't enough adjustment. They told me that many vehicles have this situation. It seems to me the steering is a little too touchy, not like the Dodge Ram 1500 that I traded in. I wish that I could have bought a new 3500,but they were way out of my price range. The 1500 I bought new and never had any problems, but it didn't tow like the 3500. I'll continue to try and get it to my liking. thanks all for the information.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Leprechaun

Originally Posted by bubbamace
Hi Mike. I'm not sure how long these tires have been on the truck, but look new. I'll drive it around for a while to see if the tires wear in. I've never encountered tires that needed to wear in. This is my third dually, but only the first Dodge. Both others were Chevys (I know I shouldn't have mentioned that word on this forum, but at least I changed brands) lol. These tires are called Pegasus Advanta SUV. ?????????????????????? I've never heard of this brand.
ive got the exact same tires on my 03 dually and ive got the exact same problem but i also need to replace my center link and haven't had an alignment in 60000km that i know of, apparently the center link on rams are garbage and go all the time, also the ball joints. My buddies got an 04 rumble bee and he has the same problem with his 20"s

Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM
bubbamace

Originally Posted by Leprechaun
ive got the exact same tires on my 03 dually and ive got the exact same problem but i also need to replace my center link and haven't had an alignment in 60000km that i know of, apparently the center link on rams are garbage and go all the time, also the ball joints. My buddies got an 04 rumble bee and he has the same problem with his 20"s
The store where I bought my tires told me all the ball joints and other suspension parts where in good shape. They told me they couldn't align the left front tire to factory specs, but were close. They also told me that a lot of vehicles come from the factory and are unable to conform to factory alignment specs. I'm satisfied with the handling and would suggest you have the center link fixed first, then the tires. Its hard to believe that the brand of tires we have are all bad.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Leprechaun

Originally Posted by bubbamace
The store where I bought my tires told me all the ball joints and other suspension parts where in good shape. They told me they couldn't align the left front tire to factory specs, but were close. They also told me that a lot of vehicles come from the factory and are unable to conform to factory alignment specs. I'm satisfied with the handling and would suggest you have the center link fixed first, then the tires. Its hard to believe that the brand of tires we have are all bad.
I have to fix the centerlink for my saftey this year, i'm just trying to find an aftermarket one that i like, you pay for what you get tho, those tires were the cheapest ones my buddy had i think i paid 150-170 a tire. I want to get 22.5" rims for my truck but spending 900$ instead of 6000$ made more sense at the time

Last edited by Leprechaun; 02-18-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:34 PM
bubbamace

Originally Posted by Leprechaun
I have to fix the centerlink for my saftey this year, i'm just trying to find an aftermarket one that i like, you pay for what you get tho, those tires were the cheapest ones my buddy had i think i paid 150-170 a tire. I want to get 22.5" rims for my truck but spending 900$ instead of 6000$ made more sense at the time
I know what you mean. I didn't buy the most expensive tires, but I found some mud terrain tires, Nittos and they seem to do the job. I take the truck out in the desert and mountains and need to have a tire that performs off road as well as on road. I'm going to have to check on the centerlink. The suspension/tire store said all the suspension pieces were in good shape. I wonder now about the centerlink. Let me know what brand you decide on when you get ready to buy.

Quick Reply: 2007 3500 pulling to the right