Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Is the "No Charge Cummins" a special deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 11:50 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is the "No Charge Cummins" a special deal?

Hi all,
Is this a special deal in Canada or just another way of saying the truck has a rebate, etc.?

I am going to be buying a vehicle in the next year and the no charge Cummins would be nice. I see that this deal is on now and wondering if its worth going to the dealer to investigate.

Is there anything to watch out for in options? I just want a 3/4 ton 4-door 4x4 with plastic floor and cloth seats. The truck would not be worked to make money. My last truck was a 2007 Ram 1500 4-door 2wd basic GE leasing fleet truck with the 4.7. I liked the truck but it was a bit too light duty for me...sold it to a neighbour a few years ago and its still on the road and doing great.

Thanks, Steve

Old 09-02-2017, 09:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Looks to be a Canada only deal, maybe a discount, maybe a rebate. Either way, it looks like you can do the cummins upgrade, at no additional cost. (which is indeed quite a deal) call your local dealer, and see what they have to say.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:10 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Dealer can answer.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:35 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suppose my question was more along the lines of whether or not Dodge has similar deals frequently or rarely on the 2500 and 3500 trucks.

I did go down to the dealer and found that it's just a $9,000 Canadian rebate on Cummins trucks so that doesn't seem too exciting but I've never watched for deals on the trucks. They only had $75,000 trucks on the lot so I didn't even take one for a test drive. If you want a bare bones truck you would probably have to wait 3 months for it to get manufactured.

I did try a Jeep Cherokee North edition with the V6 and 4500 lb tow package for a test drive. It was decent but hadn't done any research on them so was not prepared to buy one. They wanted to get rid of it bad...I kept saying no and they even resorted to offering me $5,000 trade for a $400 car that I'm sending to scrap when I replace it. They dropped the price so many times I'm not even sure were we left off. Dealing on the Cummins did not go anything like that.

I also tried a Mazda CX-5. What a dog. They only offer it with a 4-cylinder...it didn't even feel safe pulling onto the highway. My 1991 Dodge B250 with the 318 is faster fully loaded.

Cheers, Steve

Old 09-05-2017, 08:45 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

This is the first time I have ever heard of Dodge offering that size of a 'rebate'..... but then, not like I pay that much attention either.. I simply cannot afford to buy anything new. (I paid less than half what they are selling their trucks for, for my HOUSE.)

Dealers also have a locator service. Tell them what you want, and they will try and find one for ya.